Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Formet Soviet school of boxing now the most effective?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    FTR, I don’t think they are dominating the pro’s by any stretch yet, but they are completely dominating the amateur circuit atm. And now you have guys like GGG, Loma, Usyk etc making it an attractive proposition to turn pro.

I’m unsure whether any other nation(s) will be able to keep up with the talent and production of these former Soviet nations.
    Yeah those guys have paved the way, Arum, Hearn and MTK know exactly the talent that is there. But I think the sport needs to be truly globalised before any dominating starts to happen. America dominates financially so theyre always going to be the power, until something happens. Efforts are being made though.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Yeah those guys have paved the way, Arum, Hearn and MTK know exactly the talent that is there. But I think the sport needs to be truly globalised before any dominating starts to happen. America dominates financially so theyre always going to be the power, until something happens. Efforts are being made though.
      That’s an interesting perspective... I don’t really see globalisation as a problem tbh, I think GGG has showed that if you’re talented and exciting enough you can draw in the US or anywhere else.

I’d be amazed if boxing is ever globalised to a point where the biggest fights aren’t happening in America. America will always be the home of boxing IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Cuba doesn't get ex-soviets any closer to having more of anything than America does alone let alone western style boxing....btw shane, not all commies are soviets.

Today, you can combine all the commies, former commies and present commies, soviet or just commy, makes no difference, America alone still has more champions and ties for p4p greatness at worst. Combining all commies of any form and comparing them to the combined capitalist states in boxing would be a crazy landslide in favor of capitalism.

Y'all're reaching very far with this ****. Should just be happy to dominate LHW and CW. Got a sprinkle of champs outside those two divisions and all of a sudden the dominant form of boxing isn't the one that's got the majority of champions and p4p fighters.
        Not all commies are Soviets - you’re right on that

America has more champions because Americans for decades fought Americans for world championships

Comment

Originally posted by Commie View Post
          Not all commies are Soviets - you’re right on that

America has more champions because Americans for decades fought Americans for world championships
          We're not a ****genous state bud.

Comment

I didn’t say Cuba was a part of the Soviet Union.

But the Soviet Union is the reason why Cuba is great at boxing.

Andrei Chervonenko started everything for Cuba, so they count as being a part of the same school.

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            Cuba doesn't get ex-soviets any closer to having more of anything than America does alone let alone western style boxing....btw shane, not all commies are soviets.

Today, you can combine all the commies, former commies and present commies, soviet or just commy, makes no difference, America alone still has more champions and ties for p4p greatness at worst. Combining all commies of any form and comparing them to the combined capitalist states in boxing would be a crazy landslide in favor of capitalism.

Y'all're reaching very far with this ****. Should just be happy to dominate LHW and CW. Got a sprinkle of champs outside those two divisions and all of a sudden the dominant form of boxing isn't the one that's got the majority of champions and p4p fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              I didn’t say Cuba was a part of the Soviet Union.

But the Soviet Union is the reason why Cuba is great at boxing.

Andrei Chervonenko started everything for Cuba, so they count as being a part of the same school.
              Cubans created their own system with the help of Soviets and GDR
              A. Chervonenko and K. Rosentritt are the names

Rosentritt also helped building up some of African boxing

Pre revolution the Cubans had already pro boxing with a lot of US input in it

Comment

Working...
              X