Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce on Split With Booth, Vows To Test Daniel Dubois' Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce on Split With Booth, Vows To Test Daniel Dubois' Chin

Joe Joyce's decision to drop Adam Booth as trainer ahead of his fight with Daniel Dubois is because he says he trains better when he is away from home. Joyce will fly off to Las Vegas on Saturday to begin his training camp for the British heavyweight title fight, which takes place at the O2 arena, London, on April 11.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You can’t keep changing trainer as you loose momentum.

Comment

UFC training center?? lol Joyce is in trouble. He's already gone through three trainers already in less than 4 years.

Comment

How many titles are on the line in this one? British, commonwealth, WBC Silver.... and what other International titles?

The winner probably goes into a mandatory eliminator with at least Org by the end of the year.

Comment

Bit strange as Joyce is a UK based fighter, up against another UK based fighter and the fight is in the UK. Going away and acclimatising then having to do the same when he comes back may put at a disadvantage, but whatever works.

if he doesn't win, I hope this stuff isn't used as an excuse.

Comment

It makes no difference. Joyce is a bad boxer that throws a lot of punches to the arms when guards are up. A good judge should see through all the volumes and filter them, although not so easy 'cause of the sheer volume. Defensively, he's terrible. DDD will be his first real puncher as an opponent.

I doubt the judges will be needed; at some point he will go down just as he did against Kuzmin in the amateurs.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

Comment

What is it with Adam Booth? Since David Haye he seems not to want to adapt for any of his fighters 'He would routinely use a training camp in Cyprus with David Haye etc'.

Comment

This is a great fight. I favour Dubois to take it but its his biggest test by miles on paper, close to a 50/50. Joyce looks slow and clumsy but hes just an awkward fighter - good chin, big, strong, heavy handed and has crazy pressure and volume for his size. Plus even being slow his timing, volume and shot placement means he still lands plenty. I think both guys would give the majority of the top 10 problems.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
                  It makes no difference. Joyce is a bad boxer that throws a lot of punches to the arms when guards are up. A good judge should see through all the volumes and filter them, although not so easy 'cause of the sheer volume. Defensively, he's terrible. DDD will be his first real puncher as an opponent.

I doubt the judges will be needed; at some point he will go down just as he did against Kuzmin in the amateurs.

I'm really looking forward to this one.
                  Yes Joyce is easy to hit. But Joyce did land a lot on Usyk in their fight and he was a novice then. He has fought far better opponents than DDD so this fight will be tough for both of them. Joyce has actually had to adapt to situations while DDD has never had to.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    What is it with Adam Booth? Since David Haye he seems not to want to adapt for any of his fighters 'He would routinely use a training camp in Cyprus with David Haye etc'.
                    He probably has family and he's at an age where he doesn't care enough to adapt. If I was him I'd be living the high life too.

I think Booth's style works for Fast fighters with hard punches - Haye, Groves. I could see Joyce trying it out at the start of fights - but it looked like he was just wasting his energy. He doesn't punch hard enough to make all that movement worthwhile. He needs to land bunches of punches to win

Comment

Working...
                    X