No announcement yet.

Mike Tysons 'crouch' technique?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tysons 'crouch' technique?

Can anyone tell me his 'crouch' technique? I'd think it would work for me since the people in the gym I face are taller then me. I've heard about it, and would like to know what it's all about.

The key to crouching and getting low is keeping your eyes on your opponent at all times while working your way inside.

It is most effective when you learn how to slip and walk at the same time. Its similar to what we would call the duck walk exercise that we would do to strengthen our legs in the gym.

It goes like this..... step under, step under etc. In a fluid motion step and get under, not bending at the waist but bending in your knees, come up while stepping again and get under again, bringing your back foot up to position. Its hard to describe but it is effective.

In time you will get this walking down pattern going good and that when you can start digging shots each time you come up from the crouch. Its all in the rythme of the fight. It takes time to get down but once you do the fighting world could be yours..........Rockin'

Comment

If you watch the Titleboxing training programmes,the guy on that says that the only way to throw a proper bodyshot is to crouch down incredibly low before hitting.
      Wierd,most of the bodypunchers I've seen have never done that-with the obvious exception of Tyson.

Comment

Crouching down really worked well for Tyson, got to use the full force of those 28" legs.

Comment

Originally posted by My_Sport
          Can anyone tell me his 'crouch' technique? I'd think it would work for me since the people in the gym I face are taller then me. I've heard about it, and would like to know what it's all about.
          You've never seen a Tyson fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BadMagick
            You've never seen a Tyson fight?
            Where did that come from? I have seen a Tyson fight, I just want to know what I should do to be able to make it work for me. Should I work my legs more then my upperbody? or what?

Comment

They are both equally important. Ask your trainer how to do the duck walk and work those at the end of your work out. Those will get you legs burning good............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
                They are both equally important. Ask your trainer how to do the duck walk and work those at the end of your work out. Those will get you legs burning good............Rockin'
                I loooooooooove duck walks

Comment

Tyson's style was taught to him by Cus D'amato and is called peek-a-boo, because you keep your hands up real high and peer over them with your eyes as if you are away to pop out and say peek-a-boo.

Floydd Patterson was also taught by D'amato and also fought in the same style as Tyson.

you adopt a square stance and your style involves A LOT of head movement and slipping and weaving punches and then countering with your own.

It's a very old fashioned style however and I personally wouldn;t recommend using as your dominat style, though knowing what it is and learning elements is OK.

It works for Tyson because his physique and punching style is perfect for fighting that way.

Comment

develop the style your most comfortable with and the one that suits your body. as jeff said tyson was perfect for that style, with his tremendous leg and punch power.

Comment

Working...
                    X