No announcement yet.

bruised tail bone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bruised tail bone

Guys , i bruised my tail bone on thur feb 24 i think. I prob wont be in the gym for another week or so and i was wondering if any of u all knew an exercise i could do to keep in some shape?

do some running, squats, pushups.

Comment

You have got to be very careful, exercises such as squats may irritate the injury further. While Running may aggravate it with the constant bouncing of the body up and down. How bad is your injury? I don't think you will suffer greatly performance wish taking a week or 2 off. When you get back into the routine again, just give yourself a couple days to warm up. You'll be good as you were before, and now with extra motivation to jump back into intense training do to the "training deprivation."

But, if you really want to work out some pushups, as phantom menace said, would work good. Shadowboxing, speedbag? If you have access to one of those "elliptical machines" (sp?) you could give one of them a try for a cardio workout, as they look pretty gentle with movement.

Jump rope could be aggravating. Definetly do not attempt any sort of situps.

I would just relax and enjoy a week vacation though.

Good Luck!

Comment

bro.. it depends how you treat your injury.. if its just "bruised" then its a hematoma(medical term for bruise) which is blood that has escaped the circulatory system and trapped within the skin.. im pretty sure you gots some swelling and tenderness going but thats all part of the inflammatory system... if you had your injury in ice for the first 24 hours(vasoconstricts vessels from more blood entering the site), followed by heat, you should be fine within a week or so.. but like DrDac said, you should just relax and enjoy a week of vacation.. you dont want to aggrivate the injury especially in the early stages(or in any stage of that matter).. so some extreme light workouts should be okay...

Comment

Working...
        X