Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I admit it. boxing SUCKS compared to mma.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
    Avoiding punches becomes harder when its 4oz gloves and you're also trying to avoid kicks, knees, elbows and takedowns.
    Some boxing fans have convinced themselves to believe the only parts of the human body that can be used as offensive weapons are peoples brittle bony hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by sentax View Post
      Some boxing fans have convinced themselves to believe the only parts of the human body that can be used as offensive weapons are peoples brittle bony hands.
      The whole "sloppy" argument when comparing MMA striking (or MMA in general) to boxing is just baffling to me. It doesnt make sense to judge it based on how much it looks (or doesnt look) like boxing when the whole ruleset is so radically different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Boxing definitely needs to change its ways & start making sense to the rest of the world. I mean I try to be a reasonable & logical cat but whenever I try to talk about boxing sh^t around non-hardcore or casual fans I feel like I'm in some weird cult or religion more than I'm a fan of a sport.
        Yeah explaining the 4+ belts really makes you realize how stupid that shít is.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
          UFC Cards and PPV's As a Whole are often times 10x Better than Most Boxing Cards!
          Beyond the competitive angle just logistically the UFC cards are run better. Boxing events got stupid long gaps between fights sometimes that make no sense. Boxing has been around since forever & boxing events still somehow are run like elementary school talent shows. Meanwhile you can set your watch to a UFC card.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Apples and oranges.

UFC is a different sport but puts out a superior product because they are the de-facto major league of their sport. Boxing has no such similar entity.
            This is the often used analogy & it's not untrue but every sport except boxing does this. Boxing is the only sport to use this outdated model that's disrespectful to the integrity to the sport & more importantly to the guys with skin of the game is leaving a ton of money on the table.

Comment

• If you think UFC is a better model than boxing I don't know what to tell you. UFC fighters are getting robbed blind by Dana White, they make a tiny fraction of the total revenue the UFC brings in. Dana White is 10x a bigger scammer and criminal than ANY boxing promoter is. Yet you dummies think boxing should follow their model?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                This is the often used analogy & it's not untrue but every sport except boxing does this. Boxing is the only sport to use this outdated model that's disrespectful to the integrity to the sport & more importantly to the guys with skin of the game is leaving a ton of money on the table.
                Boxing doesn't choose to follow a different model, the market (fans/viewers) are the ones who decide, and they have yet to put a single organization in the driver's seat of the sport. Anyone that's tried hasn't got the buy in from the public to succeed; probably because they usually product a **** product.

MMA has a (defacto) major league, UFC. Football has the NFL. Baseball has MLB. These weren't legally appointed. Each organization started from the ground up and overtook the competition, eventually establishing itself as the #1 show in town.

That's never happened in boxing.

Boxing's closest cousin is wrestling; up until the 70s they both had the same model, with lots of different regional and national promoters. While the Mcmahon's eventually rolled up wrestling, Don King was never able to completely do the same with boxing. it remains the wild west until an organization puts forth a product good enough for the public to ordain it the major league of boxing.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
                Last edited by paulf; 10-26-2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• boxing can't even get fans to watch when there's nothing else to watch, that right there says enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                    Thats called an opinion, champ. Its also a pretty ****ing stupid one as opinions go, considering MMA has the higher finish rate, more upsets, more dramatic finishes and you already (albeit in a roundabout way) admitted that its more exciting to casual viewers.
                    Because it's less skilled than boxing so you see more KOs and ground finishes. People rather watch something like that because it's easier on the eyes. Just because something is more entertaining doesn't make it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by deowal View Post
                      If you think UFC is a better model than boxing I don't know what to tell you. UFC fighters are getting robbed blind by Dana White, they make a tiny fraction of the total revenue the UFC brings in. Dana White is 10x a bigger scammer and criminal than ANY boxing promoter is. Yet you dummies think boxing should follow their model?
                      Agreed. People want to see rock em sock em robots, nobody can appreciate technical boxing fights anymore and that's why they rather watch the UFC. People don't like things their brains can't understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X