• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no carbs after a workout?

sometimes i run/exercise late at night when i either

a: have a hard time falling asleep
    b: feel really guilty about all the bs i ate earlier that day

so i might go for a run or shadowbox for a while. then i just drink a protein shake and goto sleep an hour or two later.

is this bad? do i really need carbs after a workout or if i ate enough carbs throughout the day, it would be ok?

thanks for any advice/info.

you dont need any carbs bud...Its ok to fell guilty and keep yourself in check just dont beat yourself up to much. Life can be hard enough without a guilty conscience for really minor things.

A protein shake b4 bed is the shizznit.

PS: the best kind is casein protein as it breaks down slower than whey. It can be bought in powder form or a cup of cottage cheese is great too.

Comment

You can eat good amount of carbs, before, during and right after workout.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
        You can eat good amount of carbs, before, during and right after workout.
        Why are you telling him this? Carbs b4 bed is a no no if you aare trying to stay in shape

Comment

Co-sign. One should not be eating carbs after 7 PM. I usually have a no carb whey protein shake before bed. Thats what i would recommend.

Comment

i drink a protein shake to before i go to bed, but i drink it with water instead of milk.

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
              Why are you telling him this? Carbs b4 bed is a no no if you aare trying to stay in shape
              Actually carbs before sleep are good, when administred with good amount of casein protein. Very good to build muscle

I am obviously thinking of good carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                Actually carbs before sleep are good, when administred with good amount of casein protein. Very good to build muscle

I am obviously thinking of good carbs.
                Their is alot of evidence to support the contrary but agree to disagree bud.

Comment

Banana is optimal right after workout. Whey protein is recommended by Mackie Shilstone, who trained Roy Jones and Hopkins when they moved up.

So yes, it's ok to eat some carbs after training, but probably not adviceable before bedtime.

Comment

You just need to get the optimal amount of carbs daily, at least, whether or not that comes late at night or whatever.

If you are a hard training athlete (serious boxer) then you want about 3-4 carbs per pound of body weight. I am 150 lbs, and ideally, if training really hard for a fight, I should get 450 carbs a dayat least. Of course that is difficult. And, you would only eat that many carbs on hard training days...not just because you jogged 30 mins.

Carbs are necessary. And I'm sure everyone has told you to eat the healthy carbs...wheat spaghetti, bran muffins and so on.

Comment

Working...
                    X