No announcement yet.

slapping yourself in the face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slapping yourself in the face

think it will condition your face for a hit if say I was to do this at night starting off with medium hits on each side for a minute and then working up to harder blows for longer lengths of time?

think it will age me faster though?

Originally posted by whatevathehell View Post
    think it will condition your face for a hit if say I was to do this at night starting off with medium hits on each side for a minute and then working up to harder blows for longer lengths of time?

think it will age me faster though?

no

but it is a funny coincidence. The day before yesterday I was at the gym hitin a bag and my gloves were wet, I put alot into a left hook and it slid off the bag and crashed right into my nose. I was going like a maniac and people were watching me, so I started hitting my nose with my right, I cant really explain why I guess, maybe just to show them it didnt hurt. Anyway I kept going hard and I noticed they were saying stuff in spanish and then I realized I had blood on my gloves and I looked at my white TSHirt and it had blood sprayed from my nose all on it. My face had a good amount on blood on it too. I started going even harder and ended up getting blood on the bag and the floor too. They probably think Im insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
      no

but it is a funny coincidence. The day before yesterday I was at the gym hitin a bag and my gloves were wet, I put alot into a left hook and it slid off the bag and crashed right into my nose. I was going like a maniac and people were watching me, so I started hitting my nose with my right, I cant really explain why I guess, maybe just to show them it didnt hurt. Anyway I kept going hard and I noticed they were saying stuff in spanish and then I realized I had blood on my gloves and I looked at my white TSHirt and it had blood sprayed from my nose all on it. My face had a good amount on blood on it too. I started going even harder and ended up getting blood on the bag and the floor too. They probably think Im insane.
      Yea your real cool. HAHA.

Comment

Originally posted by IronNick View Post
        Yea your real cool. HAHA.
        I probably came off as a ******. What was I supposed to do, a trainer and I guy Ive been askin about sparring were watching me and I NAILED myself in the face. I HAD to try to do something macho. haha maybe I should have taken a knee and then walked to a nuetral corner of the gym.

Comment

i did that the other day
          i was on my last round on the bag i was burning out
          punching non stop for 3 minutes

and i was sweaty the bag was sweaty
          i threw 3 hooks the last one sliped and came
          and hit me full momentum luckyly
          i was the last person in the gym and had to close up

i was in the gym laughing my ass off

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
            i did that the other day
            i was on my last round on the bag i was burning out
            punching non stop for 3 minutes

and i was sweaty the bag was sweaty
            i threw 3 hooks the last one sliped and came
            and hit me full momentum luckyly
            i was the last person in the gym and had to close up

i was in the gym laughing my ass off

yeah well I was in the gym with three other people who were just sitting there waiting for me to finish so they could close up. One is a trainer who I talk to, the other is his son who is a big guy that is a 2 time amatuer champion and Ive been askin them about sparring, and some other guy, I was in the zone putting everything I had into the shots grunting and everything. What was I supposed to do in THAT situation?

Also, Zab Judah NAILED himself with a left hook in the first round against Tsyzu. Its hillarious, Judah tags him and then they clinch head next to head and Tszyu is holding the right arm so Judah gets some space and throws a nice short left hook and Tsyu moves at the last second and the Judah lands on his own chin. He seemed stunned by it, he like froze and his eyes opened up and he shook his head.

Comment

no

probably people wont spar with you or the people who are going to spar with you are going to hit you hard

either way it a lose lose sitaution for you

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                probably people wont spar with you or the people who are going to spar with you are going to hit you hard

either way it a lose lose sitaution for you
                do you speak english??, cause was that?

Comment

do you speak english??, cause was that?
                  in other words change to another gyms

because nobody will spar with you because the think you are wild and crazy and the people how are going to spar with you are not going to take it easy on you and will punch really really hard

BEWARE

Comment

I watched a documentary on some kung fu monk master and he spent years on end just slapping his chin and in turn his chin got stronger and stronger and he could get his cleanly on the jaw and nothing would happen. But in boxing? No I personally hink it's crazy. If you're gonna get hit, let it be your opponent to nail you!

Comment

Working...
                    X