• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring...

Anyone see the Hearns-Cuevas fight
    i just got it a few days ago and hearns was beautiful
    Knockout Artist!!
    I saw the way he measured Cuevas with his left hand an cd BOOM came that hard right hand that sent cuevas to the canvas!

Anybody ever try this, put ur jab out in front of the guy, and measure him and get all the leverage on that right hand

i tried it in sparring today, and it seemed VERY effective
    worked like a charm

What u ppl think of this?

I think that you should get out of the habit before it becomes something that you just do first instinct. In the amatuers you will be cautioned and then warned and could even be disqualified for measuring your opponent. Anyway, why would you want to put and then leave your glove on a guys face when you could stick a jab and then follow up on it. Measuring to me has always been a tool of show boating and does nothing in the judges eyes. If your going to put it out there then you might as well score with it. A jab to the face will set a right hand up just the same, and even better..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
      Anyone see the Hearns-Cuevas fight
      i just got it a few days ago and hearns was beautiful
      Knockout Artist!!
      I saw the way he measured Cuevas with his left hand an cd BOOM came that hard right hand that sent cuevas to the canvas!

Anybody ever try this, put ur jab out in front of the guy, and measure him and get all the leverage on that right hand

i tried it in sparring today, and it seemed VERY effective
      worked like a charm

What u ppl think of this?
      no i did saw it

Comment

If you ever try that **** on a good fighter with a right hook he will just wait for you to leave your hand out and you will get knocked the **** out.

If you can't hit a moving object without first putting one hand on it you should get out of boxing right now!!!

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Rockin. Score with a jab or a double jab and then deliver the right. There is no need to measure the guy with the lead hand before delivering the rear bomb. However, if that's what you're comofortable doing and if it works against the fighters you face, do it..

Comment

hearns was also like 19 inches taller than his opponents

he had a 142inch reach from armpit to fist

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5
              hearns was also like 19 inches taller than his opponents

he had a 142inch reach from armpit to fist
              he wasnt 19 inches taller than anyone.......he was like 5
              against leonard like 2

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
                he wasnt 19 inches taller than anyone.......he was like 5