No announcement yet.

Anyone else have this problem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have this problem?

I consider myself a counter puncher, i like to use my reflexes and speed to land nice counters. Usually i get them off good in a fight because my opponent doesnt know me and tries taking my head off. But in the gym my sparring partners never throw fuking punches when i spar them. Theyll throw a punch, ill counter it, then we'll just circle each other doing nothing. Then i feel like dam i need to do something i dont wanna just sit here and then i'll throw some punches and sometimes get countered myself. It just makes sparring very boring when some people just will not throw shots at all.

Well that's your own fault to be honest. What you're saying here is you're a counter-puncher so you want people to play into your hands and when they don't, they make it boring...You're the counter-puncher, you're style of boxing is the one which makes the fight lackluster, don't blame somebody else.

If you want to stop the fight getting boring then start to be abit more offensive, then they will and then bam, then start counter-punching. If you want to perfect your style and want to rely on counter-punching then accept that's how your fights may end up being.

Comment

Originally posted by La Maravilla View Post
      I consider myself a counter puncher, i like to use my reflexes and speed to land nice counters. Usually i get them off good in a fight because my opponent doesnt know me and tries taking my head off. But in the gym my sparring partners never throw fuking punches when i spar them. Theyll throw a punch, ill counter it, then we'll just circle each other doing nothing. Then i feel like dam i need to do something i dont wanna just sit here and then i'll throw some punches and sometimes get countered myself. It just makes sparring very boring when some people just will not throw shots at all.
      lol that's exactly what happens to me.......im also a quick counter puncher

Comment

Originally posted by JayCoe View Post
        Well that's your own fault to be honest. What you're saying here is you're a counter-puncher so you want people to play into your hands and when they don't, they make it boring...You're the counter-puncher, you're style of boxing is the one which makes the fight lackluster, don't blame somebody else.

If you want to stop the fight getting boring then start to be abit more offensive, then they will and then bam, then start counter-punching. If you want to perfect your style and want to rely on counter-punching then accept that's how your fights may end up being.
        if they get in the ring and dont throw any punches, thats them being hesitant and or scared. I basically fight at whatever pace they fight at. The more they throw, the more i throw. But when they are not throwing at all i will lead cause fuk having a boring fight/match/sparring/anything..fuk boring.

My fights are not lackluster, my sparring is. People at the gym know my style so come in hesitant to throw. People i fight dont and they come right at me which makes it fun.

Comment

It's much harder to lead the dance than it is to follow; so once you've gotten counter punching down, the next step is to put together an offense that doesn't wait on the other guy.

Personally, I get bored just sitting there. I'm a pretty decent counter puncher when i want to be, but i'm more likely to throw stuff, expecting to be countered & counter their counter.

Time to develop that jab and that right hand.

EDIT: fakes are good too.

Comment

Working...
          X