No announcement yet.

Wheed for boxers?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheed for boxers?????

Ok, as you guys know I´m quite a "controversial poster". Having said that, I´d like to specify I´m not a wheed (marijuana) user, maybe that´s the reason I´m writing this post.

I got really interested as I found out my sparring partner smokes a spliff every day at night. The guy is 2 time Brazilian Amateur champion and trains daily.

He guarantees me it didn´t affect his stamina in no way . He drinks rarely and doesn´t smoke cigarettes, just a happy cigarette at night before bed time.

What do you think?

Ive wondered about that as an amateur boxer, because I don't really drink alcohol and I don't smoke cigarettes but smoke weed sometimes and i think it is probably bad for cardio though if you train hard and do plenty of roadwork it might not be too bad.

Comment

I don't think it has as much of a physical effect as it does mental. Its about commitment and that is not going to help you win fights.

Comment

You'll be better off if you quit.

Comment

Its bad, for the mind and body, wont be good for you at all.

Comment

lol.. i smoke very often and i fight pro here in mexico... i also did while on my amateur career... i rarely drink and i dont smoke tobacco but i do smoke a joint very often.

Also i am friend with plenty of mexican pros, one which its a national champ and even one world champ and i know for a fact that they smoke too.

I AM NOT SAYING ITS OK OR THAT IT DOESNT AFFECT PERFORMANCE i am just stating facts here.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxgaggi View Post
              Ok, as you guys know I´m quite a "controversial poster". Having said that, I´d like to specify I´m not a wheed (marijuana) user, maybe that´s the reason I´m writing this post.

I got really interested as I found out my sparring partner smokes a spliff every day at night. The guy is 2 time Brazilian Amateur champion and trains daily.

He guarantees me it didn´t affect his stamina in no way . He drinks rarely and doesn´t smoke cigarettes, just a happy cigarette at night before bed time.

What do you think?
              Well i smoked weed for 5 years from when i was 14-19. im 20 now and i havent touched it for awhile... I noticed it's not all bad! theres pros and cons to smoking pot and training hard. the pros: that you can smoke a joint if you feel that your routine is starting to get boring and suddenly its alot more fun. also, if you don't eat properly pot can help you eat! it kept me energized because i ate more. It helps u get rest even if it feels too early. Good sleeps.. which helps rebuild muscle. The cons: Lungs!!!! u really need lungs when you're in a fight! this is the only con i can think of because i didnt have a lack of motivation like people try to say happens when u smoke pot.

anyways hope this helps! its all for reals.

Comment

I saw brandon rios in an elie seckback video say he smoked weed during a golden gloves tourney in the ams.

Comment

why not just eat it in the form of a brownie or cook with it weed is an herb herbs are meant to be eaten not smoked, smoking is terrible for your health

Comment

Since it's burning you are also breathing in carbon monoxide which is not good for your cardio or general health.

Comment

Working...
                    X