Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current heavyweights are too inactive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the Heavyweights(and i say most) would rather wait for one of the Klitschko brothers to come knocking on there door then fight for peanuts in front of an old man and his dog.

Why do that when you can go for the juggler and get a Heavyweight title fight with Wlad and Vitali and get the biggest payday of your life?

That's my theory but this doesn't include Haye and Povetkin who are ducking Wlad. They're just scared.

Comment

The problem I believe is that there are three champs. If there was one contenders would be fighting each other to get a title shot. But the way it is they sit and wait for a shot. They won't fight and risk losing.

Comment

i agree completely...too much inactivity

Comment

Still no fight is scheduled for Alexander Povetkin, Eddie Chambers, Timur Ibragimov, Denis Boytsov, JC Gomez, Ruslan Chagaev, JM Mormeck, etc.

I don't know how they can make a decent living unless they fight more regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            I think the heavyweight division is about as good as it's ever been. But there is one real weakness that is ruining it.

Too many heavyweights are inactive.

Alexander Dimitrenko: fought only once in 2009, has no fight scheduled yet this year.

David Haye: fought only once in 2009, has fought once this year but now he says he needs a rest

Sergey Lyakhovich: went 18 months without fighting three times now.

Nicolay Valuev: fought only once in 2009, his promoter Don King ducked Vitali and Nicolay has no fight scheduled so far for 2010

Kevin Johnson: has no fight scheduled so far in 2010

Ray Austin: hasn't fought this year, nothing scheduled

Ruslan Chagaev: went 11 months without fighting after his loss to Wladimir, fought only once in 2007 and once in 2008

I believe boxers should fight three or four times per year. Anything less than the preparation for fighting twice a year will reduce their sharpness when they finally do return. A lot of mediocre performances are due to ring rust and reduced physical fitness from inactivity.
            You're right, but its the way it is. Wlad and Vitali have totally cleaned shop.

Comment

Working...
            X