Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Importance Of Taking A Day Off From Training.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Importance Of Taking A Day Off From Training.

There is a saying " The more the merrier" ...Some fighters think that by training 24/7 this will give them an edge over the competition. This is not so. I myself used to train and found that there is a period where you can over train and burn out. Some fighters I knew would train seven days a week and then wonder why they hit a rut. When I was training I found that if I wanted to go die hard I would train six days a week and then have that at least 1 day that I did absolutely Nothing but veg out in front of the TV and become a couch potato. You'll find this one day off routine will work wonders on your energy. Because after the day off you will feel revitalised and not pooped out. Looking at another fighting Sport Jui Jitsu, legendary Martial Artist Royce Gracie has said that he used to do the seven day a week training....but then found out the importance of taking at least one day off to do Nothing. try it out.

When i'm in full flow i dont take a day off, but i do very light training a couple of times a week for a rest. I just work on my technique, defence and head movement etc so i dont burn out!! Its very important you dont over train.

Comment

there are advantages and disadvanages, that's why I have my own lil system.

I used to work out 7 days a week, because I knew if I took that day off it would be harder for me to keep going, my motivation would drop.

I came up with this system where I'd take a day off from each set workout. For example, on Saturday I wouldn't do cardio and MOnday I wouldn't do any weightlifting, etc. It worked out quite well because in all reality I was gettin a whole day off so I got the rest but I'd never loose any motivation because I was working out 7 days a week see?

Comment

Originally posted by roXy graziano
        there are advantages and disadvanages, that's why I have my own lil system.

I used to work out 7 days a week, because I knew if I took that day off it would be harder for me to keep going, my motivation would drop.

I came up with this system where I'd take a day off from each set workout. For example, on Saturday I wouldn't do cardio and MOnday I wouldn't do any weightlifting, etc. It worked out quite well because in all reality I was gettin a whole day off so I got the rest but I'd never loose any motivation because I was working out 7 days a week see?
        i like that idea, i might take that into consideration, i fear that i will lose motivation, but workin like that would be a lot better!!

Comment

ive been working out 7 days a week

but its not high intense everyday

5 days in the gym working with my trainers
          high intense(no other choice)

and i run everyday at home

so my day is like this

run 630-7am
          go to work 8am

go to the gym 530-8pm
          mon-fri

sat
          light weight training and run for an hour

sun
          3 miles at the track or on my tredmill

only reason why im burning out because im droppign weight

once i get into my fighting weight im going to rest sat sundays more often but i gave myself a deadlien to hit 160
          and i would be better off hitting it sooner than later

Comment

everyones different,

Comment

Man i do need to up my schedule

Comment

Originally posted by johnny swift
                There is a saying " The more the merrier" ...Some fighters think that by training 24/7 this will give them an edge over the competition. This is not so. I myself used to train and found that there is a period where you can over train and burn out. Some fighters I knew would train seven days a week and then wonder why they hit a rut. When I was training I found that if I wanted to go die hard I would train six days a week and then have that at least 1 day that I did absolutely Nothing but veg out in front of the TV and become a couch potato. You'll find this one day off routine will work wonders on your energy. Because after the day off you will feel revitalised and not pooped out. Looking at another fighting Sport Jui Jitsu, legendary Martial Artist Royce Gracie has said that he used to do the seven day a week training....but then found out the importance of taking at least one day off to do Nothing. try it out.
                yea u can defintley over-train

Comment

overtraining

i use to overtrain alot.the next day i couldnt even hit the speed bag for a matter of 2 rds and normally hit for 5rds same with the heavy bag and mitts.my back/triceps would be really sore but my trainer told me to rest a couple of days and start back training.after i rested seems like everything was back to normal LOL.

Comment

it depends on a person whether or not..

Comment

Working...
                    X