No announcement yet.

Gary Todd Books

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Todd Books

Please, no posting references or even commenting about this guy's book. He emailed me bitching about members posting pieces of his book in the forums and throwing lawsuit threats around. I gave him a piece of my mind and told him that I would clean up the posts.
    Last edited by ProBox1; 02-04-2005, 10:02 AM.

Originally posted by Rick Reeno
    Please, no posting references or even commenting about this guy's book. He emailed me bitching about members posting pieces of his book in the forums and throwing lawsuit threats around. I gave him him a piece of my mind and told him that I would clean up the posts.

Wow what a twat. *Cancels my order that was backordered for about 2 months* Literally.

Comment

who's gary todd? and what did ppl do to him?

Comment

thought that would happen!

Comment

Originally posted by cms
          who's gary todd? and what did ppl do to him?

He was a writer who made a book titled boxings greatest workouts or something and it had little snippets of each pro fighters training regimen. It sounded like a good book but the information that was posted on this site made me dislike it, it was very vague and unuseful from my perspective.

Comment

Please, no posting references or even commenting about this guy's book. He emailed me bitching about members posting pieces of his book in the forums and throwing lawsuit threats around. I gave him a piece of my mind and told him that I would clean up the posts.
            This idiot Gary Todd,he has alot of nerve because he used the very information presented in his book without the boxers knowlege that they were being interviewed for a book! he approached them "as a fan" never letting on that he planned to print what they told him for his own personal gain. at least that was the case with Aaron Pryor & Matthew Saad Muhammed so i would have to think that it was the same with all the others i hope he gets sued ....and its a shame because i think the book is great (although not detailed enough)but well worth the $14.95 considering a magazine these days will run you 5-6$

Comment

Man, when everyone was posting all these workouts I started to think this would happen. I understand that the guy wouldn't want his book given away for free.
              Anyway, let's give out workouts that weren't from Todd's book. Here's the most brutally difficult assrapingest training program I've ever come across.

Jim Jeffries Training
              Morning
              Run 14 miles in 2 hours, alternate 100 yard sprints and jogging.

Evening
              Play Handball
              Heavybag: 25 minutes
              Jump Rope: 20 minutes
              Sparring: 12 to 16 rounds
              Wrestle and throw medicine ball

Anyone seen anything more difficult than this? If you have, post it.

Comment

Commenting on it should be ok, but I won't. I had to check out this book and see what the big deal was. No comment from me. But Don't most writer need critics to improve their writing style? The consumer look to critics to influence their opinions. When somebody says they do not want anybody to give an opinion on their work, I assume it must be garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonForeman
                  Man, when everyone was posting all these workouts I started to think this would happen. I understand that the guy wouldn't want his book given away for free.
                  Anyway, let's give out workouts that weren't from Todd's book. Here's the most brutally difficult assrapingest training program I've ever come across.

Jim Jeffries Training
                  Morning
                  Run 14 miles in 2 hours, alternate 100 yard sprints and jogging.

Evening
                  Play Handball
                  Heavybag: 25 minutes
                  Jump Rope: 20 minutes
                  Sparring: 12 to 16 rounds
                  Wrestle and throw medicine ball

Anyone seen anything more difficult than this? If you have, post it.
                  The workout of kostya tszyu comes close, but i got to say that jogging 14 miles and sparring 12 to 16 rounds is crazy. that's conditioning.

Comment

Tszyu's is very tough, but Jeffries program is still the hardest one I've ever seen. I'd like to know more details about Rocky Marciano's program.
                    All I know about his is that he ran 5-6 miles everyday, 9-10 when a fight had been signed, and 12-15 miles everyday in the week before the fight. He would sprint up and down a hill, hit a 300lb heavybag, and walk 5-10 miles in the evening. I want to know the details though, how long did it take him to do his runs? How long did he hit the bag? What else did he do? I've never been able to find these details.

Comment

Working...
                    X