No announcement yet.

Top 5 P4P: Champions Faced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
    Champs are not best oposition sometimes in our times,it doesnt matter,People have obsesion on this champs now,Real puglist is talking only like that"but but he beated more world champs" well if Berto is champ then ok lul,is Sulivan Barrera worst fighter then Berto?Statistics dont work in boxing.

But if you are reffering to Problem of makeing fights you are right its sad.

From top 10 P4P Canelo Beated most champs 9 i think its 9 but maybe more.
    I agree champions aren't always the best opponents in the modern era but it's supposed to show a certain landmark of quality: the consistency of fighting guys at or near the tops of your divisions.

Most fighters holding one of the 4 alphabet titles will be top 5 in their respective divisions. The fact that the top guys, p4p, supposedly anyway, are fighting maybe 1 such fighter a year is pathetic, in an era of 4-6 title holders per division.

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    So Ward has fought more World Champions than any of the other in his last 10 fights and is about to fight another who is also a top P4P fighter.
    Yeah...but his ratio per year is abysmal, not to mention those 5 champions come across 7 or 8 years. Someone like Gonzalez has one less in less than half the time.

Comment

In this case Canelo should be 1 he faced 6

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        In this case Canelo should be 1 he faced 6
        9 i guess its 9 mate if you count loose in Floyd its 10

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I agree champions aren't always the best opponents in the modern era but it's supposed to show a certain landmark of quality: the consistency of fighting guys at or near the tops of your divisions.

Most fighters holding one of the 4 alphabet titles will be top 5 in their respective divisions. The fact that the top guys, p4p, supposedly anyway, are fighting maybe 1 such fighter a year is pathetic, in an era of 4-6 title holders per division.

Yeah...but his ratio per year is abysmal, not to mention those 5 champions come across 7 or 8 years. Someone like Gonzalez has one less in less than half the time.
          I agree that it should be landmark just saying that sometimes it isnt.I guess fighters dont wanna risk theyr belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            So Ward has fought more World Champions than any of the other in his last 10 fights and is about to fight another who is also a top P4P fighter.
            basically

thats why they like to bring up the time span when he had litigation, inactivity and injuries

they know he belongs among the best p4p

he is only 32 and had no wars, what do they think he all of a sudden lost his talent because he wasnt as active from 2013-2015

they tried to do the same thing to floyd, automatically claim Pac was p4p even though mayweather showed when he came back in 09 that he was still at the top of his game

IMO ward is a more complete fighter now than before. He doesnt waste as much movement, everything is with a purpose and his elusiveness, physically stronger and more patient in the ring.

Now he has fought 3 times since last year....he is ready for kovalev, no excuses

Comment

Dont turn this into Ward this and that thread.

Thing is, Ward has only 1 more champion on his resume than Gonzalez, in double the time. You make it out like inactivity and lawsuits were forced upon him. Heck, he could have been more active from 2014 on wards but he didn't want to be. He almost walked out of the fight with that latin journeyman cos he wanted a million dollar payday to fight him smh.

However, ultimately, what we're looking at, is the top guys p4p having 1 world title opponent per year, on average.

That's why, as much as I dislike his yellow streak, I have to give guys like Canelo credit. 7 world title level opponents in 4 years. That's on average, almost 2 championship level fights a year. Donaire has had 6 or 7 in the same time frame too and Bradleys had 5 (same as Ward) but in 2 less years. Khan too has had 7.

I feel those guys deserve a lot of credit, even if it wasn't all wins. They have, more so than the norm. fought top level fighters.

Comment

Working...
              X