Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before I should start sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just when, but who that's important. Perhaps moreso.
    2 rank amateurs is a waste and can also be dangerous. A seasoned fighter who will start off easy with you is best.

Comment

In my gym they won't let you spar until you have at least 3 months of training.

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
        In my gym they won't let you spar until you have at least 3 months of training.
        They let some people spar in my gym early, but most get their ass kicked bad

Comment

Everyone is different. Whenever your trainer thinks you're ready to get in there. I would personally say though that you need to get your footwork right before anything and that may take a couple months. I know dudes now that spar on base that can't throw punches correctly and are constantly off balance because their footwork is trash. My supervisor is taking classes on base and spars with me a few times a week and all I do is pressure him, allow him to punch and work on his footwork. You can see the improvement each time but I tell him he isn't really ready which is why I don't throw many if any punches when working with him

Comment

Working...
          X