Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Title Saftey Gloves? (anyone have these?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Saftey Gloves? (anyone have these?)

http://store.titleboxing.com/safety-contact-gloves.html

I have no idea what these would be for, perhaps sparring? If anyone has a pair let me know what you use them for and what you think.

They were one of my first pairs of gloves.

Most of my training partners were a lot smaller than me, so the thinking was to get the biggest gloves humanely possible & use them on everything so I could be some never-tired, hard-hitting superman with lightning quickness.

In the end it kinda backfired as it convinced me that I had no power, ruined my defense & hand positioning, got me used to moving in slow motion, and scared the pi$$ out of me when I dropped down to tiny, little fight gloves.

Those gloves did hold up pretty well though, I had the red ones which I think were 22 or 23oz. They flattened out over the years and don't look nearly as round up top. Some of my gym mates still use them, I left them in the gear bin at the gym.

My next fight is a somewhat informal "bring your own gear" kinda thing with 16oz, so I use 16oz for everything. My preference is 14oz, as those gloves fit the best and are at least somewhat similar to normal fight gloves size-wise.

Comment

don't have them, but i know people who do. they're huge. seriously, so big.

Comment

Working...
      X