No announcement yet.

lost at the national titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost at the national titles

just got back from the national titles in sydney australia, i fought in the cadets 46 kg division i only had one fight (the final) as there was no others besides me and this other kid nominated for the weight class......i wasnt supposed to go to the titles but the kid had no one else to fight and my coach thought it would be good experience...as he had had 8 fights and had fought some good fighters (this was my fifth fight) and we were looking for harder opponents

anyway i was nervous as for this fight and yeah but i fought really well, tight guard, threw some good shots, moved well, he caught me coming in a few times though and he was a fairly good boxer who moved his head

scoring for whole tournment was **** as, tons of people got ripped off
    Last edited by KostyaTszyu44; 11-25-2008, 03:35 AM.

Kostya,

I can't believe it. I was going to watch today, but decided against it cause I wanted to spend longer at my gym. Damn. I could have seen you.

I know what you mean by the scoring. The whole thing is really depressing, and I've seen it too much, I just don't like to think about it. I've even seen points scored go to the guy who got hit.

What was the actual quality of boxing like overall? I didn't have massive hopes but obviously it is the nationals.

Comment

Well done kostya, sorry about your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by ~satchel~ View Post
        Kostya,

I can't believe it. I was going to watch today, but decided against it cause I wanted to spend longer at my gym. Damn. I could have seen you.

I know what you mean by the scoring. The whole thing is really depressing, and I've seen it too much, I just don't like to think about it. I've even seen points scored go to the guy who got hit.

What was the actual quality of boxing like overall? I didn't have massive hopes but obviously it is the nationals.
        yeah the standard was quite good though, some really good fights and fighters

i was one of the least experienced there, several of the QLD boys had had like upwards of 20-30 fights same with alot of WA and NSW boys
        Last edited by KostyaTszyu44; 11-25-2008, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Yeah i went down for a geez ay, but they wanted $50 to get in which is bs so i left

Comment

Working...
          X