No announcement yet.

Joe Louis vs Archie Moore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Louis vs Archie Moore

Say Moore becomes LHW champ in 11940 and moves to HW in 41-42 and gets a title shot vs Louis. How does it go?

- -Arch a midwt back then.

What if Joe vacates his title to become a vegan Buddha and fights Arch at 160?

We wanna know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Arch a midwt back then.

What if Joe vacates his title to become a vegan Buddha and fights Arch at 160?

We wanna know!!!
      I wanna know Rusty Trollboni's take on this match-up!!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I wanna know Rusty Trollboni's take on this match-up!!
        Shouldn't you be taking a hard line against some of the shenanigans going on around here lately?

The History section used to be the one section of BoxingScene where people could have a civil discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Shouldn't you be taking a hard line against some of the shenanigans going on around here lately?

The History section used to be the one section of BoxingScene where people could have a civil discussion.
          I do issue section bans though. If you, and/or others, want to help me, feel free to use the report botton. That's what its there for.

Comment

- -Only used the report button once on ye aulde aol forum.

Guy threatened to kill me and my family, so I figured aol wouldn't want him contaminating their brand, and so he went poof in the night.

Never used the ignore feature. I do that myself.

Where's Uncle Ben in all this? Too busy sorting rice?

Comment

Becomes LHW champ in 11940? So this fight would take place in the future? Well then Doc, let's get in the Delorean and check it out.

Comment

Moore too miniature.

Comment

I have never been banned, and I am a man who has been screwed repeatedly by this administration, mind you. If anyone had a right to blow off on these inept creatures, it was yours truly, all of whose points were abruptly stolen by the admin and never given back. A points party was canceled and a wife left me over those missing points. I could have blown off on these square-heads legitimately. I should have.

I am too foxy to be banned. Besides, they are desperate for men of intellect and logic around here to occasionally stop by and discipline the churls. They are knee deep in Cadbrees from the outlands these days. Those are some of the reasons they wag their silly tails at me and simper and whimper, by Sneezy.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle ben View Post
                    Say Moore becomes LHW champ in 11940 and moves to HW in 41-42 and gets a title shot vs Louis. How does it go?
                    No version of Moore lastslong against a prime Louis. Even the Louis impostor who faced Marciano would be a favorite.

Louis could be rocked. But let's not act like it was a regular occurrence. Moore is left stranded at sea at the end of Louis' jab. And Louis doesn't make the kind of mistakes Moore preyed
                    upon.

Louis, like Golovkin and Arguello, could be exposed by smaller men who leveraged their mobility and defensive prowess. But again he never actually lost to that kind of fighter. Conn showed it was the angle to be exploited, but that kind of loss never actually happened.

Moore had an impressive career north of 175. It's often over-looked. But he has no business sharing the ring w/ a mosnter like Louis.

Comment

Working...
                    X