No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Declined DAZN's $100M Deal Because of Dishonesty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    It certainly does sound like some fences are being mended.

It would not suck to have any fighter be able to show up on any platform that gave him the best financial option
    There have already been haymon fighters on dazn....Ruiz, Vargas, Jacobs, etc just like there have been haymon advised fighters on ESPN. I would say of all 3 promotions, haymon fighters appear to have the most flexibility. It’s all about maximising profit for the fighters with that chap. And yes it does sound like dazn wants wilder to fight on their app and it wouldn’t surprise me if we are more dazn-haymon collaboration in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      It appears even the dazn execs said they were wrong according to this article and the articles of the past in which the apologies were first mentioned. Well done to wilder and his team Haymon and Finkle. And good for dazn admitting they were wrong and needed to build relationships....very different tone than a particular British individual used when he first came to the USA....
      "build relationships" ... what kind of new age feminine nonsense is that?

Skipper wasn't offering to impregnate Wilder and raise a child with him .. he was offering him a fight contract!

Why should somebody need to build a relationship with a professional fighter in order to offer him an enormous sum of money to get in a ring and fight?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        "build relationships" ... what kind of new age feminine nonsense is that?

Skipper wasn't offering to impregnate Wilder and raise a child with him .. he was offering him a fight contract!

Why should somebody need to build a relationship with a professional fighter in order to offer him an enormous sum of money to get in a ring and fight?
        apparently your dumbass hasnt read this article or the one which quoted the DAZN executive...because those were his words and not those of oldskoolg you ruhtard

" “In retrospect, I was too brash going in there without creating the relationships I needed to create with the people who advised Deontay Wilder. I have now worked to do that. It has to do with going back to the education I needed before getting into boxing … When we left that (Wilder) meeting, I knew we messed up and that we weren’t going to be successful."

but i shouldnt expect any less from an ignoramus like yourself...keep hating on one of the most fun and exciting fighters in the sport who delivers people on their rear ends

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Only in boxing could someone backed by that kind of money attempt to start a venture in a foreign market and not have any idea how to operate in that market....if this was any other business this would have never happened
          Talking about a boxing outfit starting a new venture in a foreign market ... how is Haymon's PBC in the UK venture going?

I haven't heard anything at all about that since Eubank Jr vs DeGale flopped on ITV PPV.

Comment

“We were impatient, and after having some early success, we wanted to move quickly. Now I understand that I’ve got to work relationships, work within a framework and understand other peoples’ self-interests and needs as well … If I had to do it again, I’d have gone in and said, ‘I’m playing the long game.’ I’m playing the long game with Canelo and GGG, too.”

"work relationships"....."create relationships"

it does sound like skipper was trying to impregnate wilder afterall......but i mean....where would oldskoolg get such a crazy idea right?!?! lol....

keep hating on wilder like the cowardly, pansies, that you all are who hide in anonymity on the net ...never having to show youre face or name....saying whatever you want and denying everything.....most of you could never say what you say here while lookin the other man in the eye.....you wouldnt be able to

Comment

So his next 3 fights are all gonna ve 35 mill fights? Yeah right

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                apparently your dumbass hasnt read this article or the one which quoted the DAZN executive...because those were his words and not those of oldskoolg you ruhtard

" “In retrospect, I was too brash going in there without creating the relationships I needed to create with the people who advised Deontay Wilder. I have now worked to do that. It has to do with going back to the education I needed before getting into boxing … When we left that (Wilder) meeting, I knew we messed up and that we weren’t going to be successful."

but i shouldnt expect any less from an ignoramus like yourself...keep hating on one of the most fun and exciting fighters in the sport who delivers people on their rear ends
                Lol .. you are too dumb to read between the lines and understand that John Skipper has realised what a bunch of fake New Age weirdos Deontay "I want to experience pregancy" Wilder and his crew are and is trying the soft and cuddly approach so as not to scare them off again.

Next time he arranges a meeting he should bring flowers and a big box of chocolates for Deontay, that might work.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  “We were impatient, and after having some early success, we wanted to move quickly. Now I understand that I’ve got to work relationships, work within a framework and understand other peoples’ self-interests and needs as well … If I had to do it again, I’d have gone in and said, ‘I’m playing the long game.’ I’m playing the long game with Canelo and GGG, too.”

"work relationships"....."create relationships"

it does sound like skipper was trying to impregnate wilder afterall......but i mean....where would oldskoolg get such a crazy idea right?!?! lol....

keep hating on wilder like the cowardly, pansies, that you all are who hide in anonymity on the net ...never having to show youre face or name....saying whatever you want and denying everything.....most of you could never say what you say here while lookin the other man in the eye.....you wouldnt be able to

Comment

The guy is accusing people of dishonesty and then says this "I make way more money than what they’re offering anyway"

Comment

Hes changing his tune now? Lmfao wasn't it because he was "loyal to showtime" even though hes fighting on FOX? Lol idiot

Comment

Working...
                      X