No announcement yet.

Best equipment in general?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best equipment in general?

Not for one specific thing, But what brand all round makes the best equipment?

I know sometimes A makes better gloves than B but B makes better headgear than A but if you had to chose ONE brand to use for the rest of your career, Which would it be?
    Everlast
    20.59%
    Title/Ringside
    11.76%
    Cleto Reyes
    11.76%
    Winning
    26.47%
    Grant
    14.71%
    Other ... Yeh theres loads.
    14.71%

If I had an unlimited budget- I'd get Winning everything. Otherwise Grant is probably second for overall everything.

Individually, I also like Ringside stuff- the IMF training gloves in particular. I also like the Fightgear Mexican Headgear which absorbs a good punch really well and is cheaper than Grant or Winning!
    Last edited by mspiegelo; 07-08-2008, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
      winning- really expensive, but QUALITY if you can afford it. That's why all the pros use it. I also really like Ringside Gear (IMF Gloves!!), Grant Gear (foul protectors, pro training gloves) and the Fightgear Mexican Headgear.
      I said try and choose ONE you fussy bastard

Comment

haha thats why i edited but i still gave a few answers there. I'm unfortunately a hopeless gear head for everything I pursue. Same thing with Guitars (I'm a professional musician). Its a damn curse!

Comment

haha thats why i edited but i still gave a few answers there. I'm unfortunately a hopeless gear head for everything I pursue. Same thing with Guitars (I'm a professional musician). Its a damn curse!
          Well its good to be able to afford it

I usually wear Everlast or Title stuff, Haven't had the chance to wear anything other than that

Comment

haha- i can't afford it! i do a lot of trying others people gear at the gym to see what I like... the winning I've only tried on. haven't sparred with it, but it feels awesome- really cushy and well made! I did just throw down on the grant foul protector and gloves in matching green which is on the way and I'm excited, so that's my big purchase until January/February when I get my amateur headgear, trunks and Jersey for competition. All ringside had left was green or yellow, so I went with Green inspired by Pac-Man's green training Gear (nice avatar by the way).

Pac went all out for the green WINNING set though. Green isn't even a standard color that Winning offers, its a custom-order for Manny! I guess when you're lb 4 lb the best fighter in the world, you deserve the hottest **** on the market!!!

Comment

haha- i can't afford it! i do a lot of trying others people gear at the gym to see what I like... the winning I've only tried on. haven't sparred with it, but it feels awesome- really cushy and well made! I did just throw down on the grant foul protector and gloves in matching green which is on the way and I'm excited, so that's my big purchase until January/February when I get my amateur headgear, trunks and Jersey for competition. All ringside had left was green or yellow, so I went with Green inspired by Pac-Man's green training Gear (nice avatar by the way).

Pac went all out for the green WINNING set though. Green isn't even a standard color that Winning offers, its a custom-order for Manny! I guess when you're lb 4 lb the best fighter in the world, you deserve the hottest **** on the market!!!
              I think i might save up to make my first Winning purchase, Nobody has a bad word to say about it, Not one! I can probably live with using my gyms safety equipment, They use Green Hill headgear so thats not bad and not sure about the low blow protectors ... For some reason i have never wore one, Never been hit in the bollocks ... Touch wood.

Didn't Pac get those shoes made just for him by Nike?

Comment

who are the dumasses that voted title? Please go shoot yourself

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
                  who are the dumasses that voted title? Please go shoot yourself
                  I have only ever used BBE handwraps and Adidas gloves that just how I roll son.

Comment

Everlast and Lonsdale are cheap and nasty. Some of their products tear easily. Grant is best for longivety and quality.

Comment

Working...
                    X