Jake LaMotta vs. Tony Zale, MSC 15 rds Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake LaMotta vs. Tony Zale, MSC 15 rds Title

This is a dream Fight for the Middleweight Championship of
    the World. LaMotta is a 3/1 underdog, who would you bet on and why? "Lets get ready to rumble."

Originally posted by ron davis View Post
    the World. LaMotta is a 3/1 underdog, who would you bet on and why? "Lets get ready to rumble."
    Personally I never like to bet against LaMotta, styles make fights.

Comment

I love Tony Zale's fighting style. He is so underrated.

Tough to pick against the Raging Bull but you never know.

Comment

I'd go with LaMotta. He was a better boxer than Graziano, and Tony went life and death with Rocky in three fights. Tony lost his last fight to Cerdan. Jake defeated Cerdan in his last fight prior to his tragic death. Cerdan fought with an injured shoulder for most of the fight, Jake fought with an injured hand for most of the fight.

I like Zale, and I think he would be a tough fight for any prime MW during that era, but LaMotta was more polished and harder to hit clean. I think Jake wins the counterpunch battle and I lean towards LaMotta by UD or late round stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by ron davis View Post
          I got the bull for sure. One of zales strong points was his power. But a iron chin beats power. Once Zale realizes he can't really hurt Lamotta, it likely goes in Lamottas direction.

Comment

Zale the face first slugger loses to Lamotta.

Comment

Comment

I pick Lamotta ud zale was tough and Lamotta doesn't have power to ko him.

But Zale weaknesses were pressure fighters and guys who can take his best punch Lamotta will eat everything zale throws and not let up it will be a brutal brawl for sure.

Comment

It will indeed be brutal.

Comment

Question is why did they never fight, I heard Jake & Rocky Graziano were friends and that's why they did not fight, but what about Zale?

Comment

Working...
                    X