No announcement yet.

Absorbed in thought!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absorbed in thought!

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language...

Preface:
    My trainer wants me to fight in just four weeks, it also would be my first bout as an amateur. I refused the offer directly - and a few hours later i was contemplative. Why? Well, i'm 23 years old and i'm boxing for 1 1/2 years, actually i should be in an acceptable shape. No way! My skills are more than solid, not bad, not excellent, and i have exciting punching power (i guess, i throw the hardest punch in the gym, sometimes my trainer calls me - not ironically - "Tyson"), but my shape is far away from being suitable. I'm too small for my division (you could also say, you're too fat for your height...85kg and 178cm, that sounds like crap, i know)... If i try to get in the ring, i want to lose at least 5kg (to fight in light heavyweight)...

I think, another gameplan should work better therefore, so i conceived a (fuzzy) new one:

Mom: gym
    Tue: shadow
    Wed: gym
    Thu: roadwork
    Fri: shadow, bag
    Sat: roadwork
    Sun: church ()

What do you think? Keep your balls together and go into the ring, or train a bit more intensively and go in a couple of month - assumed you're sure and feel better? There are two paths, which i can go...

I don't know what to tell you , but at 1 1/2 years in I would think you'd be more than ready for your first bout unless your training has been slack or your an exceptionally slow learner, which doesn't sound the case..

Comment

If you have been boxing for 1 1/2 years and your trainer thinks your ready, why not give it a go?

You have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Sure you may not think your fit enough, but your trainer knows you and thinks your ready, if you really trust him then get in there and go for it.

It doesn't matter if you win or loose the fight, it's the experience you gain thats worth its weight in gold.

DMC

Comment

Working...
      X