No announcement yet.

Bauer and Wilder: a comparison and contrast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer and Wilder: a comparison and contrast

It hit me like a windmill shot, or a Bauer cranium separator shot: We have an interesting case of history repeating itself.

First off to really look at the right hand as a distinct weapon, Wilder seems to have the same gift for this shot as Bauer did. I would say both men threw this shot with the same wild, powerful follow through that resulted in what could be called, the hardest right in boxing history.

Both men have similar builds, with big shoulders, a tight neck, good reach and chicken legs...Bauer had bigger legs, Wilder has more size and wingspan.

Both men have a similar personality. Bauer was kind, good natured, intelligent, had a good sense of humor...but had a pathological fear of what he would do to the other guy in the ring. this is documented and so so ironic. Bauer held back for most of his career, at least thats how many viewed it. But when he started to throw that right it had a savage and quickness to it.

Wilder is a sweet guy. He has a good sense of humor, and also expresses the fact that he is somewhat troubled by what the Bronze Bomber will do in the ring. We all joke about the incident with Charlie Z but lets remember something. Charlie is an irritating ( unt who threatened Wilder's daughter whom I believe has a learning disability. Wilder was able to make it a teaching moment, as charlie begged for his life... How many of us could do that? Having studied the martial arts for most of my life and being able to hurt people very well, if charlie had threatened my family...I am known as a sweet guy as well, but I can tell you I would have been challenged not to throttle Charlie!

If you put Wilder out in public, I mean he can dress in anything he wants, we could also say for the sake of fairness...if we took Bauer and dressed him like Wilder LOL, but the fact is both men would look denonair, tall dark and handsome with wide shoulders, little to no extra weight to speak of...Bauer was a lady's man, so he used that quality. Both men are charming, Wilder speaks relatively well, Bauer actually did television.

I think both guys are similar in persona and as fighters. And while many say Bauer was a wastrel who wasted his talent, if thats the case why was he always in great physical shape? I think he simply decided at a point that he did not want to hurt people. Wilder has the same attitude... he was visably upset when he bombed out Bermaine Stiverne.

And isn't it funny that when we talk about the best Right hand, or at least the most powerful Right, these two guys might be the competition!

IN the interest of this thread I am not picking a winner in a match, suffice to say someone can touch on that. Wilder actually may be the more technically savy! Thoughts?

I dont think Charlie learned his lesson. Im almost sure some boxer chocked him after that.

Comment

Max Baer? I'm not familiar with the last name Bauer.

Comment

That's a load of speculation, lad. I am not sure Baer made that decision and I am not sure Wilder is a sweet guy who talks well. He may be a sweet guy who caves your head in and who said he hopes to kill an opponent sometime. Joshua/Wilder is the only heavyweight fight I want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Lol sorry Ray damn dyslexia. Yes Max Baer.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            I dont think Charlie learned his lesson. Im almost sure some boxer chocked him after that.
            No he sure did not. He never will learn his lesson though.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              No he sure did not. He never will learn his lesson though.
              There is some new video where some guy chased him down in the street and lit his ass up

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Jew, Omaha, like crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  There is some new video where some guy chased him down in the street and lit his ass up
                  ha yeah I saw that. he runs into the burger shop and hides behind the help.

Comment

I can see the comparison tbh. Both extremely wild and dangerous, not really that concerned with point scoring or winning rounds.

Baer fought pretty much everyone he needed to in his career, hopefully Wilder can achieve the same

Comment

Working...
                    X