Me on the bag getting back into things

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me on the bag getting back into things

https://youtu.be/iHIqwr9Ce4I
    So iv decided to start training again, iv been coaching for the last year and a half and iv gotten real lazy,drinking,smoking bla bla bla so time to get fit again and get back into the swing of things.

Won't be fighting again, so just training for my own personal gain. This is just a short clip of me back on the bag for the first time in 2years ha. Plenty of mistakes for all you critics to correct haha

Last edited by stephenmc; 09-12-2017, 08:31 PM.

Nice! I like your 1-2-hook combinations and it seems you have fast hands

May I ask how tall and heavy you are?

Comment

Originally posted by AaronJW View Post
      Nice! I like your 1-2-hook combinations and it seems you have fast hands

May I ask how tall and heavy you are?
      Im 5-11 and only weigh between 57-60kg ha

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
        SNIP
        The first combination you throw is junk. Right hand never goes straight, you don't pivot your right foot, you drop your left hand like your going to throw an uppercut, and you leap short distance with the hook, no bob & weave after.

You go straight back after a hook, you're getting nailed with a sleepytime hook.

Immediately switching to southpaw? GTF out of here with that noise. People that switch like that was always an indicater of being garbage. It's frustration tbh.

Too much bouncy bouncy and you've got all these movement impediments.

Why do you keep throwing a double left hook to the body?

And why do you stop after 1 minute?

Friendly advice,

You really shouldn't be coaching anybody, you're just going to get someone hurt. I know the saying, the best fighters aren't always the best trainers --- but the thing is those guys were at least good with boxing tech. You on the other hand, everything you did there was shít.

To sum up: you look like shít on the bag and I have no fùcking idea why anybody would post that trash. If you're looking for a compliment, you're not going to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
          The first combination you throw is junk. Right hand never goes straight, you don't pivot your right foot, you drop your left hand like your going to throw an uppercut, and you leap short distance with the hook, no bob & weave after.

You go straight back after a hook, you're getting nailed with a sleepytime hook.

Immediately switching to southpaw? GTF out of here with that noise. People that switch like that was always an indicater of being garbage. It's frustration tbh.

Too much bouncy bouncy and you've got all these movement impediments.

Why do you keep throwing a double left hook to the body?

And why do you stop after 1 minute?

Friendly advice,

You really shouldn't be coaching anybody, you're just going to get someone hurt. I know the saying, the best fighters aren't always the best trainers --- but the thing is those guys were at least good with boxing tech. You on the other hand, everything you did there was shít.

To sum up: you look like shít on the bag and I have no fùcking idea why anybody would post that trash. If you're looking for a compliment, you're not going to get it.
          Haha yeeesss....
          That's what I was looking for. (Not a compliment) their was way more than just the 1st right hand that wasn't straight. The hands were slow, and your bang on with the bouncy feet,was way 2bouncy and wasting energy for nothing.

Switching to southpaw like that is a new thing,never done when I was fighting,or when I used the bag before.
          100℅ I agree with everything except the coaching part,and this is only for my own personal gain cause I havnt trained in 2years.

As for the coaching. Don't diss what you don't know. Since I started coaching iv had a number of my fighters winning or to the finals in all national and province titles.
          Iv one fighter who is now on the Irish team competing in European and world championships. So yea my own boxing is very very rusty I agree. But I'm not fighting anymore, sooo FCK it ha

Comment

Haha yeeesss....
            That's what I was looking for. (Not a compliment) their was way more than just the 1st right hand that wasn't straight. The hands were slow, and your bang on with the bouncy feet,was way 2bouncy and wasting energy for nothing.

Switching to southpaw like that is a new thing,never done when I was fighting,or when I used the bag before.
            100℅ I agree with everything except the coaching part,and this is only for my own personal gain cause I havnt trained in 2years.

As for the coaching. Don't diss what you don't know. Since I started coaching iv had a number of my fighters winning or to the finals in all national and province titles.
            Iv one fighter who is now on the Irish team competing in European and world championships. So yea my own boxing is very very rusty I agree. But I'm not fighting anymore, sooo FCK it ha
            I'm Irish btw. I have an undefeated record in the am's, sparred with domectic and world champion boxers as well as used to whip on an ISKA world champ.

After I got out, I used to train fighters for a few years too so I know this subject better than most.

When my trainer threw punches at the bag, they were perfect. When I throw punches at the bag, they're perfect. If a student see's you throwing punches like that, they won't take you serious.

I haven't hit the bag in years and I wouldn't hit it like that because of inactivity. You got permanent flaws. There is a residual effect to that. What worked for you, surely works for them right?

You're an example to your students. Destroy that video and work on your form dude. Why are you even posting that garbage?

What do you mean "your fighters"? Surely you don't have a gym nor are you the head trainer/coach. Gyms are money pits and only people running one are onvolved with city programs or old dudes putting their own money into the bills (along with city funding). You're probably an assistent right?

From one Irishman to another, time to be honest my friend.

Comment

McNaultys house must be a barrel of laughs, never ever seen anything positive posted

Are you a trump supporter?

Comment

I'm Irish btw. I have an undefeated record in the am's, sparred with domectic and world champion boxers as well as used to whip on an ISKA world champ.

After I got out, I used to train fighters for a few years too so I know this subject better than most.

When my trainer threw punches at the bag, they were perfect. When I throw punches at the bag, they're perfect. If a student see's you throwing punches like that, they won't take you serious.

I haven't hit the bag in years and I wouldn't hit it like that because of inactivity. You got permanent flaws. There is a residual effect to that. What worked for you, surely works for them right?

You're an example to your students. Destroy that video and work on your form dude. Why are you even posting that garbage?

What do you mean "your fighters"? Surely you don't have a gym nor are you the head trainer/coach. Gyms are money pits and only people running one are onvolved with city programs or old dudes putting their own money into the bills (along with city funding). You're probably an assistent right?

From one Irishman to another, time to be honest my friend.
                What's your name so??

Haha FCK off with your bull,
                You obviously didn't even read what I said did you?
                And ya MY fighters, as in I'm the one travelling with them,I'm the one in their corner, and I'm the one putting the work in with them.

I was in the gym messing around on my own, so who cares.... I still spar, and I make sure I beat anybody I spar with in their so I don't lose that respect.

If you were so good and " undefeated " you must be known around the clubs,??
                You must of boxed for the Irish team cause I'm guessing you must of won the nationals and province titles?

So AIBA should have a record for you somwhere, or at least a fixture with your name on it in the archives.
                So what's your name if you were that good?

Comment

What's your name so??

Haha FCK off with your bull,
                  You obviously didn't even read what I said did you?
                  And ya MY fighters, as in I'm the one travelling with them,I'm the one in their corner, and I'm the one putting the work in with them.

I was in the gym messing around on my own, so who cares.... I still spar, and I make sure I beat anybody I spar with in their so I don't lose that respect.

If you were so good and " undefeated " you must be known around the clubs,??
                  You must of boxed for the Irish team cause I'm guessing you must of won the nationals and province titles?

So AIBA should have a record for you somwhere, or at least a fixture with your name on it in the archives.
                  So what's your name if you were that good?
                  You've obviously had one too many. Just cuz I'm Irish doesn't mean I'm from Ireland you mug.

I'm not telling you who I am. I'm here to speak freely and not bring any of my mates into my experience here.

If you're beating any of your fighters, they ain't winning fights. You suck. Unless you got fighters in the special Olympics perhaps?

Comment

You've obviously had one too many. Just cuz I'm Irish doesn't mean I'm from Ireland you mug.

I'm not telling you who I am. I'm here to speak freely and not bring any of my mates into my experience here.

If you're beating any of your fighters, they ain't winning fights. You suck. Unless you got fighters in the special Olympics perhaps?
                    You claim to kick the ass of world champs but you're too scared to tell a guy your name? Lmao losers like you seem to crawl out of the woodwork around here

Comment

Working...
                    X