Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some 'homemade' equipment that can be used to..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some 'homemade' equipment that can be used to..

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows any home made equipment that can be easily made, and used for building speed (or any attribute for that matter, I'd love to expand my knowledge)

Some proper equipment I have are; the heavy bag, speed ball, skipping rope, weight set, bench press system.

All ideas are much appreciated (and please list how to make the item, and what is needed to make it)

You can hold something small and weighted in each hand while your shadow boxing.
    or If you have those bands that stretch, you can put those around your back and clinch each end while you shadow box to give you some resistance.

Comment

Go in you backyard, front yard, school yard, park, whatever. Get a big rock, perferrably one that is slightly larger than your hand size. Either way, it has to be a big rock, one that isn't smaller than your hand size.

Take your boxing stance with your hands up. Have the rock in your back hand and shot put it. Keep your boxing stance and technique. Don't sacrifice technique, no matter what. I don't care if your tired, hurting, whatever. Don't sacrifice the technique.

That will improve your speed and power. You have to keep your technique perfect if you want to see improvements though.

Comment

Comment

Backpack full of sand, do various exercises (shadowboxing, plyometrics etc) wearing it to build strength, endurance and agility.

Comment

Get a trash can and throw out your weights and bench press system.

Trying to bench press to build your power punch is like lifting leg weights to break the sprint record. Although there are many conflicting articles out there that argue back and forth between whether or not lifting weights will aid your punch, the science is quite simple: when you lift weights, your body is becoming stronger at moving slow (punching is a fast movement). Not only that, but training with weights will only make you noticeably stronger within a limited range of motion. Your body will also be building unnatural muscle that will tire much faster than your regular muscle and further slow down your punches.

Comment

Thank you all for all of these idea's, keep em coming, I will be trying out all of them

Comment

Rosstraining's probably the best man
                http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                  Rosstraining's probably the best man
                  http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157
                  Thank you so much, I can't believe how many things are on that list haha

Comment

Working...
                  X