No announcement yet.

People thought ggg could actually compete with Ward, my god

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    What alleged incident and anecdotal evidence are you talking about? We have knowledge from both sides involved about the email. GGG wanted fall 2015 at 164. Ward wanted mid 2016 at 168. Could Ward not gain those 4 lbs in the 6 or 7 months between those two dates? At the time, Hunter said they had unfinished business at 168. I don't remember hearing hardly anything about Ward and Kovalev until fall 2015.
    Play devils advocate here: Ward is scared ****less of triple G and decides not to fight him and duck him: Virtually everyone at the time thought, and still thinks Kovalev is a much more dangerous opponent. Kovlev is a greater challenge considering the punching ability and weight change, and there are many more fights at light heavy than dipping down for Ward. So whats the point? Ward would have been wrecking himself going down in weight, and there was a more dangerous challenge in a weight class where there would be at least a few fights for him.

See what I mean about logical thinking? would you be the one in Andre's living room looking out at Diablo Mountain to tell ole sleepy eyes that he should go down in weight to fight triple G? then try to get ready to make the jump to light heavy and fight a guy who is the number one challenge? think about it!!

Ask Jones how that went for him BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      Yeah, then make the jump 2 whole lbs for Froch at 166! A real risk taker huh? Gtfoh with that ducking ass bull****.
      Dont get mad at me because your boy couldnt get away from the peanut butter jar and get his ass in the gym to maintain his weight. It speaks volumes that both fighters fought at 160 in the same year, and one of this guys still does, while the other is 15 lbs heavier.

One guy wanted a fight, the other wanted tune ups

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Play devils advocate here: Ward is scared ****less of triple G and decides not to fight him and duck him: Virtually everyone at the time thought, and still thinks Kovalev is a much more dangerous opponent. Kovlev is a greater challenge considering the punching ability and weight change, and there are many more fights at light heavy than dipping down for Ward. So whats the point? Ward would have been wrecking himself going down in weight, and there was a more dangerous challenge in a weight class where there would be at least a few fights for him.

See what I mean about logical thinking? would you be the one in Andre's living room looking out at Diablo Mountain to tell ole sleepy eyes that he should go down in weight to fight triple G? then try to get ready to make the jump to light heavy and fight a guy who is the number one challenge? think about it!!

Ask Jones how that went for him BTW.
        Like I said in the post you quoted, Hunter said they had unfinished business at 168. They weren't talking about Sergio at that point. According to them, Ward could still make 168. Dropping 4 lbs and then regaining those 4 lbs wouldn't have been that much of a problem.

And once again, the offer ward sent was for mid 2016 at 168. If he can make 168 many months later, why couldn't he make 164 in fall 2015? Where's the logic there?

Comment

Dont get mad at me because your boy couldnt get away from the peanut butter jar and get his ass in the gym to maintain his weight. It speaks volumes that both fighters fought at 160 in the same year, and one of this guys still does, while the other is 15 lbs heavier.

One guy wanted a fight, the other wanted tune ups
          I'm hardly mad, you just know Ward would've whipped golovkins ass...not my fault.

Comment

I'm hardly mad, you just know Ward would've whipped golovkins ass...not my fault.
            Only a fanboy has more confidence in a fighter than he has in himself. If Ward says he needed tune ups for ggg, then I have to agree with him

Comment

Only a fanboy has more confidence in a fighter than he has in himself. If Ward says he needed tune ups for ggg, then I have to agree with him
              Why did golovkin say "Andre...he's too much for me" then?

Comment

Why did golovkin say "Andre...he's too much for me" then?
                Was that before or after he said he would fight Andre in fall 2015?

To which, Andre said, Maybe mid 2016 after I have a tune up next year (not include hoping to fight on Cotto Canelo card)

Comment

Was that before or after he said he would fight Andre in fall 2015?

To which, Andre said, Maybe mid 2016 after I have a tune up next year (not include hoping to fight on Cotto Canelo card)
                  https://youtu.be/G6_IPGpBlYs

Published in July of 2014

Comment

you actually think ward can box with ggg? only way he can win is with his dirty tactics. what is the point of that? so you can come on here and brag that hes the best. yes we so needed more of that lol

Comment

https://youtu.be/G6_IPGpBlYs

Published in July of 2014
                      So then, the answer is before and has no relevant bearing to our conversation.

The bottom line is one fighter wanted a fight, and the other wanted tune ups

Comment

Working...
                      X