Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach and Thurman both criticize Spence for not stopping Mikey Garcia.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky Martinez drop Mikey, Spence should of KO him in the later rounds too.

Comment

the people saying Spence dominated need to learn how to score a fight.

120-108 Mikey Garcia

Why else would you fist pump at the end of a round, unless you won it?

Comment

Spence completely dominated the very elite Garcia so what he didn't get the ko..... And knocking Mikey out would only make Keith duck even harder

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Spence completely dominated Mikey every round and threw 1085 punches and landed an amazing 385 punches to only 75 punches landed by Mikey. It was a great performance by Spence that can't be faulted by any reasonable objective person. The only thing Thurman and Roach can say to fault Spence is that he didn't drop Mikey. Mikey didn't fight to win. He fought to survive. It's hard to KO a tough top fighter like Mikey when he just wants to go the distance. No other welterweight could have KOed Mikey and for damn sure Pacquiao and Thurman would not have knocked Mikey down. Look at how few KOs both Thurman and Pacquiao have had recently. Spence hits much harder than either of them. Spence KOed his last 10 opponents in a row before he went 12 rounds with Mikey. Can any other welterweight boast of 10 KOs in a row or a 84% KO ratio? Hell no. Look at how few KOs Thurman and Pacquiao have had in their last ten fights. Thurman couldn't stop lousy Lopez or hurt Porter or Garcia. Pacquiao only has one KO in his last 10 fights. So how the hell can Roach and Thurman trash Spence for not stopping Mikey but KOing ten guys in a row before he fought Mikey. Spence is the hardest punching welterweight fighting today with the highest KO percentage. The numbers don't lie.
          I thought Spence fought the perfect fight too. Spence showed poise, sticking to his game plan to the tee. He used his full arsenal. Spence shouldn't be berated for not knocking out a guy who has never been stopped in tons of fights. Spence never showed the impatience that I've seen in many fighters today and is clearly a consistent fighter in each and every fight I've seen.

Comment

This is soooo stupid and has agenda written all over it.

Lets be real if he fought Mikey like he fought Brook and stopped him people woulda just said he used his size on a 140lber

But Spence chose to box Mikey until late rounds and showed his skills now fans criticizing him for not stopping him.

Look at GGG vs Brook. If GGG didnt say fck it and used his size and start mauling Brook he would have lost!

This is why these guys shouldnt even accept these type of fights. Cuz they damned if they do and damned if they don't depending on ypur2 agenda!

And i love how people ignore that Spence said that he felt disrespected by SRL for saying Mikey was more skilled so he chose to box him.

Agenda....Agenda...Agenda

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              the people saying Spence dominated need to learn how to score a fight.

120-108 Mikey Garcia

Why else would you fist pump at the end of a round, unless you won it?
              Lmao cuz u were happy you survived against a guy who coulda took your head TF off

Comment

He turned into a points fighter.

Comment

I don't think Thurman or Pac would stop Mikey, but I did expect Spence to. It'll be interesting to see how the Porter fight goes, Porter can be hit but has a really good chin and is bigger than Garcia, Spence knocking him out would be real impressive

Comment

Mikey Garcia had never lost before

Mikey Garcia has never been knocked out before

Mikey Garcia has been knocked down, but never out on his feet, similar to other fighters with ATG chins who were knocked down (Hagler, Toney, etc)

The point being, Mikey may be tougher than we know. Who's to say he isn't the toughest fighter ever. Who's to say he doesn't have an ATG chin. I'm not saying he's either or, but I think people need to think deeper than "He's bigger therefore he should've stopped him!"

Comment

anyone who believes Spence was content in getting a decision victory is using mental gymnastics. Spence was fighting a boxer who posed no threat and getting a highlight reel KO would've improved his name recognition with casuals. When casuals know your name, you're a superstar. Yeah boxing fans criticized Canelo-Khan, but the highlight reel KO is what helped to further Canelo as a mainstream sports figure.

Comment

Working...
                      X