My training routine - improvements

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My training routine - improvements

Hi,
    I am a 16 year old amateur fighter ( 2 years experience)
    so my current training routine looks like this:

Monday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strength/ bag session
    20:30 Boxing Lesson 1:30 hours ( + 1 hour bike)
    Tuesday - 13:00 Interval Running (1-2 mile warm up) then Sprinting + lifting tiles + Sometimes evening session 1 hour bag + shadow etc

Wednesday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strenght/bag session
    19:30 Boxing Lesson 1:30 (+ 1 hour bike to get to the gym)

Tuesday - 13:00 Either Running or Skipping 20-30 mins + tiles lifting
    after that School sports ( dunno if it counts, but I´m normally not sitting on my ass during PE)

Friday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strenght/bag session
    19:30 Boxing lesson 1:30 hours (+ bike)

Saturday - Sometimes 40-60 min bag sessions but not regulary

Sunday off

Also riding my bike 40 mins x 3-4 times a week to school

Can you give me advice on my training routine, give me some tips, review etc

Note:
    I´m not doing this all the time straight, sometimes I cut off one 13:00 noon session but thats pretty much my training routine

From what I gather there is no sparring or other bag work other than heavy bag correct?

If you have had 2 years of learning I'd say you know enough to pretty much train yourself. That doesn't mean ditch the trainer but you need to work on the speed bag, double end bag, and spar.

If you have private lessons what does he teach you? I have always found private lessons to be bull****. At the gym I've been going to on of the trainers shows a new guy the basics and then they start em on the bags etc. Critiquing as they go along.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
      From what I gather there is no sparring or other bag work other than heavy bag correct?

If you have had 2 years of learning I'd say you know enough to pretty much train yourself. That doesn't mean ditch the trainer but you need to work on the speed bag, double end bag, and spar.

If you have private lessons what does he teach you? I have always found private lessons to be bull****. At the gym I've been going to on of the trainers shows a new guy the basics and then they start em on the bags etc. Critiquing as they go along.
      I was unklar sorgt for trat

I am no rookie like i said i have been boxing for 2 years seriously

Bag sessions means 10-15 mins shadow boxing
      5 mins warm up stretches
      Then 5x 1 min punching continueously (not native speaker) on the bag
      Then 8-10 rounds normal bag work
      after that i do 3-5 rounds double end
      + sometimes ending the bag session with slipbag + shadow boxing

30 sec break in between
      The bag session can vary so sometimes 5 rounds bag only and therefore 10rounda double end

boxing lessons mean
      Sparring, mitts, bag, partner drills, intervall training etc you know standard gym drills

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
        I was unklar sorgt for trat

I am no rookie like i said i have been boxing for 2 years seriously

Bag sessions means 10-15 mins shadow boxing
        5 mins warm up stretches
        Then 5x 1 min punching continueously (not native speaker) on the bag
        Then 8-10 rounds normal bag work
        after that i do 3-5 rounds double end
        + sometimes ending the bag session with slipbag + shadow boxing

30 sec break in between
        The bag session can vary so sometimes 5 rounds bag only and therefore 10rounda double end

boxing lessons mean
        Sparring, mitts, bag, partner drills, intervall training etc you know standard gym drills
        Oh well you're fine in that case. Get some sparring in to work on technical things is all I can say really. Working on the bags gets your technique good but sparring makes you learn to adapt/develop those reflexes.

Comment

Oh well you're fine in that case. Get some sparring in to work on technical things is all I can say really. Working on the bags gets your technique good but sparring makes you learn to adapt/develop those reflexes.
          Do you think 2 - 3 times a week pure strength training is enough for an amateur?

Comment

Do you think 2 - 3 times a week pure strength training is enough for an amateur?
            Yeah, I strength train 3x per week. Push ups, pull ups, and core work. I feel that you don't need to overdue it. From what I've seen of amateur fighters strength doesn't come into play too much in a bout. It's about scoring points. Strength comes to play in clinches and I don't see those too much in amateur bouts.

Are you in the States or international?

Comment

Yeah, I strength train 3x per week. Push ups, pull ups, and core work. I feel that you don't need to overdue it. From what I've seen of amateur fighters strength doesn't come into play too much in a bout. It's about scoring points. Strength comes to play in clinches and I don't see those too much in amateur bouts.

Are you in the States or international?
              I´m from germany

Comment

I´m from germany
                Oh...If you were in the states I was going to ask how often you have to pay to keep your usa boxing membership. Do they do anything similar in Germany when it comes to renewing membership with the governing body for amateur boxing?

Comment

Oh...If you were in the states I was going to ask how often you have to pay to keep your usa boxing membership. Do they do anything similar in Germany when it comes to renewing membership with the governing body for amateur boxing?
                  Yes you have to once pay 40€/45$ approx
                  and once every year 60€/65$ approx

Comment

Hi,
                    I am a 16 year old amateur fighter ( 2 years experience)
                    so my current training routine looks like this:

Monday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strength/ bag session
                    20:30 Boxing Lesson 1:30 hours ( + 1 hour bike)
                    Tuesday - 13:00 Interval Running (1-2 mile warm up) then Sprinting + lifting tiles + Sometimes evening session 1 hour bag + shadow etc

Wednesday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strenght/bag session
                    19:30 Boxing Lesson 1:30 (+ 1 hour bike to get to the gym)

Tuesday - 13:00 Either Running or Skipping 20-30 mins + tiles lifting
                    after that School sports ( dunno if it counts, but I´m normally not sitting on my ass during PE)

Friday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strenght/bag session
                    19:30 Boxing lesson 1:30 hours (+ bike)

Saturday - Sometimes 40-60 min bag sessions but not regulary

Sunday off

Also riding my bike 40 mins x 3-4 times a week to school

Can you give me advice on my training routine, give me some tips, review etc

Note:
                    I´m not doing this all the time straight, sometimes I cut off one 13:00 noon session but thats pretty much my training routine

This my sound crazy to guys on this site but have you ever played hand ball? Real hard rubber ball hand ball?

Builds most of the skills you will need as a boxer, plus your hands will get so strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X