No announcement yet.

Promoters trying to court Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promoters trying to court Joshua

Has anyone else noticed that every boxing promoter is saying the decision to have an immediate rematch with Ruiz is incredibly stupid?

IMO this isn’t because it’s actually a bad decision to have an immediate rematch. This is happening so these promoters will have a pitch to get Joshua under their promotional banner if he loses again.

They’ll tell Joshua eddie Hearn screwed it all up and that he should sign with their company. It reminds me of the potential opponent saying his rival will destroy whoever he’s fighting next. That way if it happens, it was expected and not a big deal. If it doesn’t happen, it was a bad performance for their rival.

I think these promoters saw Joshua’s dad flipping out and started laying a foundation to sign Joshua

Na...I don't think so. I think they are telling Joshua to avoid the rematch so as to free up Ruiz for one of their own fighters. If Joshua stepped aside...Warren or Haymon would swoop on Ruiz for those titles in a minute. The rematch is AJ's only hope of seeing those titles ever again. He's in a box now and there is no other option but the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
      Na...I don't think so. I think they are telling Joshua to avoid the rematch so as to free up Ruiz for one of their own fighters. If Joshua stepped aside...Warren or Haymon would swoop on Ruiz for those titles in a minute. The rematch is AJ's only hope of seeing those titles ever again. He's in a box now and there is no other option but the rematch.
      Well yeah because he knows he won't beat Wilder. With the belts however he can more easily duck fighting mandatories.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackclouds View Post
        Well yeah because he knows he won't beat Wilder. With the belts however he can more easily duck fighting mandatories.
        LOL. Has nobody told you the news? Wilder has been ducking Joshua for 2 years. You living in the wilderness or have you just fallen for all the crap the LDBC spew? Actually, you still believe Joshua ducked the 50 mill offer even though it all got torn up.

News is in mate, When Wilder turned down the 40% offer followed by the 100 million Dollar offer and never came back with any other demands or any counter offers and then started lying about how he has his calendar filled up with signed fights that we all now know are not even close to being signed.

It became very very clear Wilder was ducking Joshua to everybody at that point, i saw page after page of comments from American fight fans who were not sure which side of the argument to believe but after hearing about all that became quite clear on which side was not showing any interest in taking the fight.

But you already know all that. You just cant accept it so keep up with the nonsense talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
          Spot on!

Wilder and Fury would both pounce on the opportunity. Ruiz is much easier to tackle for both Wilder and Fury than Joshua. I think Joshua is doing the right thing and will come batch with a bang.

A confident Joshua, not making the mistake of prematurely going in for the kill, will beat Ruiz hands down. I see that rematch 70-30 in favour of Joshua if he is anything close to what I thought he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
            Spot on!

Wilder and Fury would both pounce on the opportunity. Ruiz is much easier to tackle for both Wilder and Fury than Joshua. I think Joshua is doing the right thing and will come batch with a bang.

A confident Joshua, not making the mistake of prematurely going in for the kill, will beat Ruiz hands down. I see that rematch 70-30 in favour of Joshua if he is anything close to what I thought he is.
            Im not sure AJ will win the rematch...but he will at least remain the A side in that fight which is money to him. If he wins great....If not any fight after that his stock drops dramatically. If he thinks he is avoided now...without a belt he won't see the light of day. He just becomes high risk low reward for those trying to reach the top.

Comment

A guy with Joshua’s money and fame can create his own promotional company but I don’t want to get snitched on for saying anymore 🤫

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                A guy with Joshua’s money and fame can create his own promotional company but I don’t want to get snitched on for saying anymore 🤫
                Thats been the move & continues to be the move win, lose or draw vs Ruiz. Joshua don't need Eddie or any other long term promoter. These big draw guys don't need no one hyping them when thousands would show up if Joshua snapchatted a In & Out address he was at let alone if he gots a fight lined up.

Comment

They are hoping that the fight wont happen so that one of their fighters, Wilder, Joshua or who is could have a chance at the belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Thats been the move & continues to be the move win, lose or draw vs Ruiz. Joshua don't need Eddie or any other long term promoter. These big draw guys don't need no one hyping them when thousands would show up if Joshua snapchatted a In & Out address he was at let alone if he gots a fight lined up.
                    Snapchat a address lmao you know every hoe/prostitute/ someone’s wife would show up to that in Vegas within minutes

Comment

Working...
                    X