No announcement yet.

high fibre diet ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high fibre diet ?

i need advice on a really good high fibre diet having a lot of bowl trouble already had op 2 years ago and been in hospital 2 days ago with the surgeon saying its gonna be with me forever so time to change what i eat any ideas guys?

Lots of raw veggies. Makes you feel better (it REALLY does), makes it easy to not put on body fat, and is generally a kick ass way to take care of your health.

Comment

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hig...-foods/nu00582

Comment

Dude, cereals should be your best friend. Fibre, oats, bran, wheat and whole grains. Pasta, rice and bread should also help. As a golden rule always choose brown over white. The following foods are also all good sources of dietary fibre…

Wholemeal, granary and softgrain varieties of bread, Jacket potatoes, new potatoes in their skins and baked potato skins, Beans, lentils and peas, Fresh and dried fruits – particularly if the skins are eaten, Vegetables – particularly if the skins are eaten, Nuts, Seeds and Wholemeal flour. Compliment these foods drinking low-fat milk (which is a good laxative). When looking at food labels any product claiming to be a ‘source’ of fibre should contain 3g fibre per 100g or at least 3g of fibre in the amount that could reasonably be expected to be eaten in one day. To claim that a food is high in fibre, the product must contain at least 6g per 100g or at least 6g in the amount that could be expected to be eaten each day.
        Last edited by jonesy; 05-30-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Cereals, vegetables, and fruit are all high in fibre.

You can also buy a fibre supplement that dissolves in water, if you really want to add more to your diet.

Comment

Prunes. Very high in fibre.

Eat a bag of them and cross you legs.

Comment

Working...
            X