Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Broner is serious he could beat anybody

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes, potential gets exposed as a mirage.

Broner is what he is.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      This is why boxing sucks.

Mikey went up a weight class, beat a young, powerful fighter with a good chin and all boxing fans want to do is take the shine away from Mikey Garcia by saying Broner isn't good.

Anyone of you ever wonder why the Yankees can beat the Pirates in the World Series and fans/commentators praise both teams, but in boxing a good fight happens and the fans have to trash the loser?

Funny thing is the same people will list Broner as Mikey's best win they list his resume (so far).

Same thing with Canelo-GGG..people saying Canelo isn't that good, that he sucks, that he got gifts, etc...then they'll say that's GGG's best win.

I predicted Mikey would win in a competitive fight, but it wasn't competitive, too bad. But I give Mikey credit for making it non-competitive, he beat a strong, but inconsistent fighter in Broner.

Stop the bull****, just give the winner his credit and move on.
      Broner isn't good though. We have pointed out his flaws for years. Low output. No combos. Terrible transition. He just has fast hands and thats it. So many of you guys gave him the benefit of the doubt simply because he is Black and because his affiliation with floyd. Broner has been garbage, you guys just gave him a pass.

Comment

if fighters were 1 or 2 rounds, broner would be p4p. as its 12 rounds, he dont want to gas, and reserves for the later rounds, throwing 5-10 punches per round.

Comment

Broner has been serious of late and looked good in the early stage of the fight. Broner has all of the tools but not much of the discipline in the life he leads away from the sport. He is similar to Ricky Hatton in this regard and it all catches up with you during a fight.

I have **** on Broner a lot down the years because he is a twat and is supported almost exclusively by complete pr!cks, but he is a skilled, tough fighter and not a quitter. If he had the right mindset and discipline when he started out then he could well have enjoyed more success, but in all honesty I think he has left it far too late.

Comment

After the Maidana fight he said "I'm focused now I will never have a hard fight again"

BEFORE Porter he said he was focused, after he blamed it on not being focused and said "I'm focused now and will never lose again"

He simply isn't elite.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Broner has been serious of late and looked good in the early stage of the fight. Broner has all of the tools but not much of the discipline in the life he leads away from the sport. He is similar to Ricky Hatton in this regard and it all catches up with you during a fight.

I have **** on Broner a lot down the years because he is a twat and is supported almost exclusively by complete pr!cks, but he is a skilled, tough fighter and not a quitter. If he had the right mindset and discipline when he started out then he could well have enjoyed more success, but in all honesty I think he has left it far too late.
              I just cant see it. He arguably lost to PDL, Granados, Taylor. Got a sd victory of a past his prime Paulie who even in his prime was getting his a$$ beat against real b/a level fighters. He doesn't quit but in the Chino fight in the 8th round he was holding on for dear life so he wouldn't get knocked out and then tried to quit by getting Chino dq'd .

Hes a c or solid b level fighter it has noting to do with if Broner was serious or not he is who he is. Fighters in the little division as Broner put it did better then him against Mickey, Salido even dropped as much as he was did better then Broner.
              Last edited by RetroSpeed05; 07-30-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                After the Maidana fight he said "I'm focused now I will never have a hard fight again"

BEFORE Porter he said he was focused, after he blamed it on not being focused and said "I'm focused now and will never lose again"

He simply isn't elite.
                This^ He was lying to himself because he thought he was more then he was.

Comment

I rooted for Broner. And I'm not sure what to make of his performance.
                  To me it's more about mental acuity, confidence, whatever you want to call it. Mind over matter. Like the guy who could let a ton of vehicle run over his belly without getting hurt.
                  I didn't see it in Broner here.
                  Whenever a high guard is used as a tactic throughout a fight that pretty much determines who is more mentally fit and who is not.
                  Pros like Pac and others could easily dart their punches right in the middle of that guard.
                  You don't do it with Garcia or any pro for that matter.
                  It just adds to the opponent's confidence.

Comment

Broner is approaching ortiz level minus the quitting.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post

this is the one post Junior Dong, MR Sticks his face in a cows butthole wishes he could delete. The Internet never forgets.

Comment

Working...
                      X