No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach: "Diaz not a good boxer but has good hands"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach: "Diaz not a good boxer but has good hands"

Is GSP really out for a year and a half?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Is GSP really out for a year and a half?
      Dana said he should be ready to fight by this summer...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        Dana said he should be ready to fight by this summer...
        really, with a torn ligament?

thats crazy. no way he'll be 100% by this summer. it takes MINIMUM 8 months to be fully normal after a torn ligament in the knee.

I doubt he gets back that soon but if he does, I expect he'll be fighting a little different or he won't be able to train hard enough so his cardio won't be that great.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          really, with a torn ligament?

thats crazy. no way he'll be 100% by this summer. it takes MINIMUM 8 months to be fully normal after a torn ligament in the knee.

I doubt he gets back that soon but if he does, I expect he'll be fighting a little different or he won't be able to train hard enough so his cardio won't be that great.
          "GSP's rehab could not be going better," said White. "I kid you not, he texts me every day. Tonight during the fight, he was texting me pictures of him kicking, of him doing things.

"He says, 'I am praying every night when I go to bed that Nick Diaz wins this fight.' I have never seen Georges St. Pierre ... hate somebody. He hates Nick Diaz. I've never seen him hate somebody. I've never seen him so motivated to fight somebody, and to beat somebody as he is Nick Diaz.

"He's ahead of schedule now, being the freak of nature that he is, and the hard worker and dedicated athlete that he is, I think he's going to be back sooner than doctors anticipated."

Ariel Helwani sought clarification. "So perhaps the summer time?"

"Yes" said White.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Comment

I don't know how much of that is typical Dana promoter Bull**** though, I haven't seen Georges make any statements yet...

Comment

Last time I checked Dana isn't a doctor. Talking out of his ass like usual

Comment

didn't this ****** say bj had the best hands? and diaz outboxed his ass

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Fights View Post
                  beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Fights View Post
                    Boxing isn't JUST about your hands. Boxing is about movement, defense, ring (or in this case, Octagon) control, footwork, as well as offense with hands. Diaz has little defense and is a pressure fighter with good hands.

Comment

Working...
                    X