Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does boxing need exciting fighters on top again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does boxing need exciting fighters on top again?

With mma getting bigger and bigger and putting on great fights like mcgregor v Aldo.

I know so many casuals who watched pac v Floyd and mcgregor v diaz and their opinion is that boxing is boring and mma is awesome.

If andre ward clinches his way to victory vs kovalev that'll be another nail in the coffin

I agree... But when canelo vs GGG finally happens I think that will be the fight that will have people excited again... I still have my fingers crossed that we get a classic brawler vs boxer type of fight with Ward vs Kovalev maybe some knockdowns...

Comment

I don't think boxing is in direct competition with MMA that much. They have different sets of fans. I doubt many boxing fans will quit watching boxing and start watching MMA instead of boxing if the Ward vs Kovalev fight is not exciting. Boxing isn't dying. Not long ago Mayweather vs Pacquiao broke all the money records. Mayweather made more money in that one fight than the highest paid MMA stars make in a hundred fights.

Comment

yeah exactly. Boxing needs exciting fighters at the top of the sport who are essential viewing. Who is going to put their plans to one side on a saturday night and say 'oh lets get some beers in and watch the andre ward fight'- noone. As much as the hipsters on here hate excitement and boxers trading shots, thats exactly what most fans want.

Comment

I want to see the best fight the best. It doesn't have to be a slug fest to entertain me. I'm a boxing fan that understand there's different styles and ways to win, not a brain dead casual that just wants to see people trade until one falls.

Comment

These fake fans expose themselves talking about the best fight the best in MMA ; how does that make sense for me to crossover and watch that crap? its still MMA...I mean I would never tell a fan of the NFL to watch Rugby....or a fan of MLB to tune in to a Cricket world series...thats all I need to hear to know you dont care about the sweetscience and are just a fanboy that gets his thrill off hype.

Comment

Boxing fans will always watch boxing. Casuals that only want trading can go fuck themselves, they aren't fans anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                These fake fans expose themselves talking about the best fight the best in MMA ; how does that make sense for me to crossover and watch that crap? its still MMA...I mean I would never tell a fan of the NFL to watch Rugby....or a fan of MLB to tune in to a Cricket world series...thats all I need to hear to know you dont care about the sweetscience and are just a fanboy that gets his thrill off hype.
                I agree. That sums it up and basically ends this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X