• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a rock chin.....

Do neck excercises

Neck Bridges and neck curls with a neck harness
    Also do curls off a ring with ur head

It will help a lot
    Last edited by Tha Greatest; 04-18-2005, 07:58 PM.

might have ti try it sometime. Probally get a concussin by doing it thou

Comment

Originally posted by Gattz187
      might have ti try it sometime. Probally get a concussin by doing it thou
      DONT TRY IT
      I was joking...

Comment

Lol, What about Behind the neck Military presses and other over head presses? Thats what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
          Do neck excercises

Neck Bridges and neck curls with a neck harness
          Also do curls off a ring with ur head

It will help a lot
          just stand in the ring and let somebody punch the heck out of you, that would give you a solid chin, (and a few cuts and bruises)

Comment

Actually I heard if you drink a lot before a bout you will get a pretty decent chin, aparently you wont be able to feel many of the punches. The only sideaffects ive heard of is easier to KO to the body and general uncoordiness(sp?/is there even such a word?).

Comment

Ha actually some old fighters like Lamotta use to take a few drinks to loosen up his chin but i would not recommend that. Neck exercises are great and make sure your traps are strong to support your neck.

Comment

Btw Traps are insanely easy to work, I take two 45lbs weights(Free weights, the ones for barbells) and walk back and forth with them as long as possible, just remember to keep moving your feet and keep your arms straight down for best results!!! Its awesome!

Comment

dont get hit! simple as that. Rjj barely got hit flush until his last 2 fites. seriously, neck and shoulder exercises help ya chin and ability to withstand a punch. E.g. Evander Holyfield, never dropped in his prime due to his massive neck ( didnt really have a neck ), shoulders and arms. Also, look at the shots he takes straight on the chin from iron mike, unbelievable.

Comment

Evander had a chin period. All of that neck and trap muscle helped but if you have a weak chin it's not going to do that much for you. Bob Sapp has neck and trap development that would make both Tyson and Holyfield jealous but the guy just can't take a shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X