Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is food/drink for a boxers fitness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is food/drink for a boxers fitness?

For example suppose the boxer was training really hard but was eating crappy food and drinking coca cola (obviously drinking water to) would his fitness be poor? IF a boxer ate really healthy food and only drank water would his fitness be 10x better than before?

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
    For example suppose the boxer was training really hard but was eating crappy food and drinking coca cola (obviously drinking water to) would his fitness be poor? IF a boxer ate really healthy food and only drank water would his fitness be 10x better than before?
    he would'nt even be able to workout hard, he'd probabley get cramps, heart burn or some other **** drinking coca cola and crappy foods

so yea, i supposse for his crappy body he could be working hard but he would'nt be getting anywhere that's for sure

Comment

hmm when you eat and drink crap you wouldn't feel well, because your body wouldn't make good results in sports, so eat healthy and trink much water and not this red bull or cola ****

Comment

why wont you experiment for your self. eat mcdonalds before you train one day, eat a plate of home made chicken, white rice, and vegetables another day.

Comment

For me it's important to eat healthy, or at least not stupid. I find myself gassin out and cramping up if I don't eat fruits during the day. I stopped drinking soda, sugary drinks and eating fast food, I'm getting better results because of it.

Comment

The thing is, your body can't train to it's full potential if you are filling it with crap all the time. You'd probably get stomach aches and vomit and stuff if you were training really hard after a fatty mcdonalds meal

Comment

You want to stick to a diet with healthy food if you want to stay in shape, but honestly you should give yourself a cheat day once in a while so you don't go mad. My friend is a bodybuilder and he's in amazing shape despite the cheat days he has once in a while (if you are going to have a cheat day, it should be at MOST once a week)

Comment

i had a mc donalds in the weekend but i had no effect on the monday

Comment

having a right nutrition will help alot better and perform way better than someone eating pepsi with hot cheetos with lemon and cheese

Comment

Yep there's a saying I heard.

You don't eat for taste you eat for performance.

Pro boxers should all live clean.

Another thing I read is that water intake is the most important part of nutrition.You should be hydrated all the time.Urine should be clear or light light yellow.You can loss about 6 pound of waterweight in 1 training session but you'd probably be dried out and that's one of the most dangerous parts of training.I read 3 to 4 pound is easy hydrated but half a pound kills you dehydrated .

Comment

Working...
                    X