Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caught boxing on NBC Cunningham vs. Adamek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last fight I remember being on the major free networks was Castillo-Johnston I on ABC the day of the first Mosley-DeLaHoya bout.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      First fight back on network tv and we get another corrupt decision first up. It's no wonder it disappeared, and rightly so sadly.

Did you know that Buffer actually announced the correct score cardthe first time? It was written out as 115-115, which would have made it a majority draw, and still the wrong decision, but the commissioner took the card and brought it back to Buffer and it had been changed to give Adamek the win. Blatant corruption. These guys deserve prison.

Adamek and the promoters win, while boxing, the fans and most important, Cunningham, loses. I haven't felt that bad for a fighter in so long. You could see it break his spirit, just like what happened to Fenech when he was robbed by King. He had waited 4 years and a lot of ****ty, small, badly paid fights to get another shot. He fought brilliantly, won, and it made no difference. He was still robbed. Now, he misses out on any big shot at HW, he's made very little money in his career and its likely he will never get another shot. His promoters are a ****ing disgrace. They've basically benched him for good for a guy he clearly beat.

i still can't believe they pulled that nonsense.

Comment

The head of a boxing commission changed a scorecard? How and why is that legal?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          The head of a boxing commission changed a scorecard? How and why is that legal?
          Well, obviously it's not. It was blatant corruption. I think it was Cliff that wrote about it. Buffer told the press, from memory, in an interview that he didn't make a mistake. It was taken away and brought back to him by the commissioner Greg Sirb with a different score.

Comment

^ Nobody ever gets a 115-115 scorecard. They added it wrongly. Still a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
              ^ Nobody ever gets a 115-115 scorecard. They added it wrongly. Still a robbery.
              All you need is two even rounds to get that score. I've seen it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                The last fight I remember being on the major free networks was Castillo-Johnston I on ABC the day of the first Mosley-DeLaHoya bout.
                The last fight on CBS was:

Comment

The week before CBS showed the Leo Santa Cruz-Guevara fight and the last one before that was Hopkins VS Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                  X