No announcement yet.

What a good mile run time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a good mile run time...

As the title says. i just started running and want to know what an average time is, and what you would expect an amature to run?

a normal person
    that meaning lil fat
    not much activity
    should be able to throw down amile in under 6min
    anything more
    and u need some serious help

Comment

Nah dude,a well conditioned person does it in under 6 minutes.Most people I know do it in well over 6.
      Aim for 6 buddy.

Comment

it depends on the condition youre in, your size and your build to really know what you should shoot for. the best thing you can do is time yourself and record until youve ran the mile enough times to get a feel for how much you can push yourself during the run, then set a goal for yourself.

my best mile was about 5:05, but i had been running for a long time before i got to that. also i was either training for a 3 mile run or for sprinting distances, so i never really trained specifically for the mile.

Comment

I ran 5:12 but i never liked the mile i am more for pace and longer distance or sprints but 6 minutes is a good target.

Comment

yeah, i run about 4 miles per day and my first mile is just over 6 minutes, the rest take a but longer although i do 2 of the miles of stairs. So what im trying to say is shoot for 6 minutes or so.

Comment

i'm well conditioned for my age and i can run a mile in 6: 18. i don't really focus on the mile until now and in the past month and a half i have built my time to lessen it by atleast 2 minutes.

Comment

Our coach pushes his heavyweights to run a seven minute mile, and to run three of them. But that's a big factor in your time, too -- how many miles are you running? I can probably manage a mile in between 6 and 7 minutes, but I can't run four miles in 28 minutes, right?

Comment

i used to be able to run miles in 4 and a half minutes when i was about 12-13. I was one of the best in scotland at the time for middle distance running.

Comment

As everyone noted, 6 mins is a good target to start with.
                    devide your stamina for the mile, for example run the first quarter a little fast, then the second and third a bit slower and the last one with all you'v got.

Devide your capabilities with what you can handle and feel good with..

Comment

Working...
                    X