Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a good mile run time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These times are insane. You can't go by whats on the internet. Everyone is Ten foot tall and bullletproof here. I've been in the army 6 years. We get graded on our Physical Training. For my age 22-27. You have to run two miles between 13 minutes and 16 minutes and 36 seconds. 13 being a 100 and 16 being 60. When we run 4 miles its at a 7-9 minute mile pace. You have to be able to run 4 miles in 36 minutes. When I joined you have to run one mile in 9 minutes. You can run one mile in about 7 minutes pretty easy just if you want to run a longer distance just pace yourself. But if you want to run for stamina Sprint as far as you can then walk and catch your breath, then sprint again a few days and week this also helps your speed greatly. Then run a few miles on other days. Your legs recover fast so you can run everyday if you wanted.

Comment

Some boxers think if they compare themselves to others or some mystical concepts of training, it will make them better. Most Boxers today dont train that well, running, sparing, diet, sleep, the list goes on.I cant tell you how many Champs I know and have trained with that live 40% at the gym and the rest chasing women,drinking,( getting kicked out of bars ) running around living the high life and act like they are gods gift to the boxing society. But in defense of some of the champs I trained with like Louie Espinoza. Now he was a true Champ. And this man was a Track star when it came to running. Exellent runner and thats what made him so good in the gym.
      Rocky

Comment

Working...
      X