Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladamir Klitschko A Greater HW Than The Following?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wladamir Klitschko A Greater HW Than The Following?

-Floyd Patterson
    -Jersey Joe Walcott
    -Ezzard Charles(Remeber only Judge Charles On His HW Accomplishments)
    -Riddick Bowe

Oooooh tricky,

Head to head in a twelve round boxing match I'd slightly favour Wlad over Patterson, Walcott and Charles. All were superior technicians in my opinion but Wlad's size and power would lean me towards him, I rate his skills and jab even if he is a bit boring to watch. Neither of the three had amazing chins at heavyweight.......neither does Wlad, but I do think he beats these guys in at least 2 out of 3 matches.

Dont get me wrong......a Patterson leaping left hook might close the show or a Walcott straight right or left uppercut (like the one he landed on Charles) may well get Wlad out of there but tough as it is, I'd go with Wlad if I had to bet.

As for Riddick Bowe, I think the best Bowe beats the best Wlad convincingly and even the 1995 Bowe has a punchers chance. Is Bowe a greater heavyweight? Errr......his peak was too short.

Resume wise, Wlad has more heavyweight title fights than any of the guys mentioned, Patterson had quite a few too and I'm not going to Boxrec who had more. But the problem is all three guys mixed skills in a much stronger era. Bowe's three fights with peak or near peak Holyfield probably elevate him above all of Wlad's title wins. History wont be kind to the noughties and I fear Wlad in decades to come will be possibly unjustly ranked far below at least Patterson, Walcott and Charles.

Just an opinion, I'm expecting flack.

Comment

IMO Wlad would lose to all of them by KO

Comment

No
        No
        Yes
        Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX2008 View Post
            -Floyd Patterson
            -Jersey Joe Walcott
            -Ezzard Charles(Remeber only Judge Charles On His HW Accomplishments)
            -Riddick Bowe
            Yes he is a greater heavyweight than all of them, charles was a great lightheavyweight, jersey joe, floyd patterson and riddick bowe all had very short title reigns, were as wladmir has been the number 1 heavyweight for the last 3 or 4 years beating every contender put in front of him you cant ask for no more, the only bit of the puzzle that is missing is big mouth david haye, but that fight will happen soon, wladmir will get haye out of there inside ten rounds . Plus another reason i rank wladmir ahead is i feel head to head he beats all of them above fighters

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              Originally posted by EzzardFan View Post
              Absolutely.

Im no great fan of Wlad, but he isn't losing to Patterson or Walcott. Bowe would stop him and I would give Charles a fair chance of winning a decision if he could avoid getting put to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Im no great fan of Wlad, but he isn't losing to Patterson or Walcott. Bowe would stop him and I would give Charles a fair chance of winning a decision if he could avoid getting put to sleep.
                I dunno. Walcott was a pretty damn good fighter when he was at the top of his game

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  I dunno. Walcott was a pretty damn good fighter when he was at the top of his game

Poet
                  Walcott was a fantastic fighter when he stayed focused. But he seemed to have a habit of getting lackadaisical. He could ill afford to do that with a puncher like Wlad. On top of that I don't think he could really hurt Wlad, but Im sure arguments can be made. This is just MY opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Walcott was a fantastic fighter when he stayed focused. But he seemed to have a habit of getting lackadaisical. He could ill afford to do that with a puncher like Wlad. On top of that I don't think he could really hurt Wlad, but Im sure arguments can be made. This is just MY opinion though.
                    Although Wlad isn't particularly difficult to hurt if you can get past his reach.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X