Breaking! Nick Diaz will reportedly return to the octagon at UFC 235

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking! Nick Diaz will reportedly return to the octagon at UFC 235

Huge news for fans of Nick Diaz!

UFC President Dana White tells ESPN that the former Strikeforce welterweight champion will be returning to the octagon on March 2 at UFC 235 against Jorge Maisvidal.

“Breaking: The UFC is close to finalizing Nick Diaz’s return to the Octagon, per Dana White. The fight is Jorge Masvidal at UFC 235 on March 2 in Las Vegas. Diaz’s first appearance in more than four years. Story coming soon to @ESPN.” – Brett Okamoto

Nick Diaz was last seen in action nearly four years ago at UFC 183, where he suffered a decision loss to Anderson Silva. That result was eventually overturned to a no-contest, this after “The Spider” tested positive for PED’s and Diaz was flagged for marijuana.

Nick’s most recent octagon victory came way back at UFC 137 when he defeated BJ Penn in a legendary “fight of the night” earning battle.

Meanwhile, Jorge Masvidal will be looking to snap a two-fight losing skid when he squares off with Nick Diaz on March 2 in Las Vegas.

Masvidal is coming off decision losses to former title challengers Demian Maia and Stephen Thompson in his most recent efforts.

Prior to the setbacks, Jorge has strung together three-straight victories which included stoppage wins over Jake Ellenberger and Donald Cerrone.

Who do you think will emerge victorious when Nick Diaz and Jorge Masvidal throw down at UFC 235?

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/...on-at-ufc-235/

This keeps getting pushed back over and over

Comment

Eh, cool to see Diaz back, but have lil interest in a Masvidal fight.

Comment

Fuck the fucking Diaz brothers! Fucking cock-a-roaches!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Eh, cool to see Diaz back, but have lil interest in a Masvidal fight.

I hear ya. Masvidal isn't a money fight, but he does bring it every time win or lose.

And this is a winnable fight for Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            I hear ya. Masvidal isn't a money fight, but he does bring it every time win or lose.

And this is a winnable fight for Diaz.
            Oh yea it won't be a bad fight probably, but I wanna see Nick in big fights & respect to Jorge (who I still remember from his Kimbo backyard fights days & its amazing how far he's come) he's just not that big a name.

Comment

How do the Diaz brothers still have fans?

Comment

IDK why anyone would be excited. Remember when he came back to fight GSP and essentially just grabbed his cash and left?? Oh, and the Sylva fight? Now he's sat on the shelf for years, you really think this is going to go well?

I loved watching Nick back in the day but this is clearly just for the money. I hate seeing fighters I like embarrass themselves past prime because they want the checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  IDK why anyone would be excited. Remember when he came back to fight GSP and essentially just grabbed his cash and left?? Oh, and the Sylva fight? Now he's sat on the shelf for years, you really think this is going to go well?

I loved watching Nick back in the day but this is clearly just for the money. I hate seeing fighters I like embarrass themselves past prime because they want the checks.
                  U bring up good points Foxx. The only UFC ppv ive purchased has been for Nick Diaz and he underperformed.

The only form of social media i have is Snapchat (i know of all things) and i follow Nick Diaz. All he does is party and party hard. Im a Pot advocate so pot is 1 thing but he drinks A LOT, like intervention type drinking. Fighters should stay away from alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                  X