Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's KO Of Breazeale Peaked At 990K Viewers For Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
    LMAO!!! Let me guess, Showtime isn't in enough homes!!! What a joke, if Fury's views crush this, that's the loaded excuse.
    Showtime subscriber base is between 20 million and 22 million, depending on where you look.

ESPN+ has only 2 million subscribers.

yeah that would be pretty damning if Fury has more views.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Yeah, give me those numbers the likes of you were dishing out not too long ago that you liked to post about so much. Wasn't it something stupid like 16,000 subs?

Well, that circle-jerk didn't last long did it when the real numbers came out? Delusion gives with one hand, and taketh with the other. Story of life my friend for the insane.
      They confirmed they didn't hit over 100k until the Canelo fight. So in was right. And still nobody is watching it

Comment

• Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        Shoulda woulda coulda. So Americans only buy their tickets last minute and wait until later in a fight to actually start watching it? A Deontay Wilder fight? Were they just looking to pick up on the later rounds? 11 or 12 maybe?
        Nobody cares about boxing anywhere but America. Your fighters are coming here to be stars. Nobody goes to other countries to be stars

Comment

• Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
          Yep... someone said Ugas vs. Porter had higher numbers, but who watched or talked about that boring ass fight on social media the next day? Nobody.
          People talking about Wilder means nothing if they aren't being converted into actual viewers. Lots of people were talking about Wilder-Fury, but that didn't equal people tuning in next time - clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            Wilder has had 40 of those knockouts... showtime, if they paid him what they would have had to for him turning down the DAZN deal, cant be close to "ecstatic " right now.

In no way will Saturday night help sell a PPV fight against Ortiz.
            Joshua and Wilder need to fight in the fall, the fight is not getting any bigger than it already is. Knocking out bums doesn't do anything for either guy at this point. Joshua only has a little to gain as he hasn't fought in the US yet so he may get a few more eyeballs on him for doing so.

And people need to stop with the "NBA game was on" BS. There's always something on, if you are gonna watch a fight, you tune in before the main event goes off regardless to see where the card stands. As if a huge influx of viewers were gonna come floating over from the NBA telecast that night. This is about as good as it gets for showtime at this point. Their ratings have been terrible for a while now. Wilder should be fighting on FOX, not showtime.
            Yep there is always something on...using the NBA game is not a good excuse because for Wilder-Stiverne 2 there was college football on with Alabama-LSU being the top game that night

Comment

• Excellent numbers, but what's great for Boxing are the amount of views on social media! Wilder's profile is improving!

Comment

• People that are knocking these numbers probably watched the fight themselves. The amount of viewers pales in comparison to how many people that actually watched it; There were 6 people at my house alone. Being that the KO was so devastating, Wilder has received a lot of social media attention. After all the memes and gifs, more casuals will tune in for his future outings. Pac and May weren't born PPV stars, they built themselves up to that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Nobody cares about boxing anywhere but America. Your fighters are coming here to be stars. Nobody goes to other countries to be stars
                  LOL. I could taste the salt in your post. We don't need to be discussing all this and angering you so much.

Just get your superstar wilder to admit he is very much the B side against Anthony Joshua and we can all move forward and get these fights made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Wilder has had 40 of those knockouts... showtime, if they paid him what they would have had to for him turning down the DAZN deal, cant be close to "ecstatic " right now.

In no way will Saturday night help sell a PPV fight against Ortiz.
                    Joshua and Wilder need to fight in the fall, the fight is not getting any bigger than it already is. Knocking out bums doesn't do anything for either guy at this point. Joshua only has a little to gain as he hasn't fought in the US yet so he may get a few more eyeballs on him for doing so.

And people need to stop with the "NBA game was on" BS. There's always something on, if you are gonna watch a fight, you tune in before the main event goes off regardless to see where the card stands. As if a huge influx of viewers were gonna come floating over from the NBA telecast that night. This is about as good as it gets for showtime at this point. Their ratings have been terrible for a while now. Wilder should be fighting on FOX, not showtime.
                    i didn't say it would sell a wilder Ortiz ppv. Americans won't just buy any crap, especially at the prices we have to pay. But it did help sell the wilder Joshua fight. Now joshua has to do his part promoting the MSG fight and get a spectacular win

Comment

• good, not great numbers. showtime costs me 15 a month.

i expect showtime / CBS to get out of boxing on it's major platform within the next two years. not sure if they'll try some other platform.

Comment

Working...
                      X