No announcement yet.

Weight class- young fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    Why the fk would you lift weights as a boxer? Cmon people.
    I lifted weights and fought for 2 years. I was strong and in shape and I had this great guy training me, he knew his ****!! He had me walking the ring with the jab and fighting when I chose to fight. I don't recall losing fights during that period, except for the Detroit GG finals. I was fighting strong, often and against some tough mfrs. The weight training I believe was beneficial in many ways...……..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
      Are you mentally okay? Nowhere in any of those articles does it say that Spinks lifted weights. Nowhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        I lifted weights and fought for 2 years. I was strong and in shape and I had this great guy training me, he knew his ****!! He had me walking the ring with the jab and fighting when I chose to fight. I don't recall losing fights during that period, except for the Detroit GG finals. I was fighting strong, often and against some tough mfrs. The weight training I believe was beneficial in many ways...……..Rockin'
        Unless you were a heavyweight and I'd doubt you were lifting heavy weights.

Either way, it's not necessary.

Comment

Unless you were a heavyweight and I'd doubt you were lifting heavy weights.

Either way, it's not necessary.
          lifting weights helped me a great deal. You have your opinion and you're entitled to it...Rockin'

Comment

Are you mentally okay? Nowhere in any of those articles does it say that Spinks lifted weights. Nowhere...
            You might wish to read them again...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              I'm curious--in your opinion, why does boxing--as a sport and as a culture--remain so skeptical of the benefits of weight training--literally decades after every other major sport has discovered that the "old wives' tales" regarding weight training were a steaming pile of horse***t?

Comment

I'm curious--in your opinion, why does boxing--as a sport and as a culture--remain so skeptical of the benefits of weight training--literally decades after every other major sport has discovered that the "old wives' tales" regarding weight training were a steaming pile of horse***t?
                You've never been in a boxing gym. Go walk in one and talk to the trainers.

Comment

You've never been in a boxing gym. Go walk in one and talk to the trainers.
                  I'm familiar with what some trainers say; I am curious why boxing is so singularly antediluvian--hence my question to Rockin'.

I have a theory or two myself, mind you.

Comment

I have a theory or two myself, mind you.
                    You’ve never been in a boxing gym before. Your theories are based on ZERO merit.

Just turn off the internet and go down to a boxing gym and talk to a trainer.

Comment

You’ve never been in a boxing gym before. Your theories are based on ZERO merit.

Just turn off the internet and go down to a boxing gym and talk to a trainer.
                      Thank you for your opinions!

Comment

Working...
                      X