Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No one ever talks about Tysons speed, he has to be the GOAT heavyweight in speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one ever talks about Tysons speed, he has to be the GOAT heavyweight in speed

dude threw 5 punches in 1 second omg when I saw that. Dude was just so incredibly fast it was like he was made in a lab. Your thoughts on his speed?

People talk about Tyson's speed all the time. That being said both Ali and Patterson had faster hands.

Poet

Comment

he was not as fast as you make him out to be,his punches were half thrown that is why they looked fast,

Comment

I thought he was faster than just about any heavyweight htere is now that's for dam sure. Name one fast HW today?

Comment

He was fast but not the fastest.

Comment

As Poet said, Ali and Patterson had slightly faster hands. peak Holmes and Holyfield arguably were as fast. No doubt, Tyson was one of the fastest heavyweights of all time, clearly faster than anyone in today's heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
              As Poet said, Ali and Patterson had slightly faster hands. peak Holmes and Holyfield arguably were as fast. No doubt, Tyson was one of the fastest heavyweights of all time, clearly faster than anyone in today's heavyweight division.
              Yeah, right now you either get obese or robotic but either way they're slow as mud.

Poet

Comment

What Tyson had that does not get brought up enough imo, is how fast his feet were. Mike Tsyon's footspeed is one of main reasons he was hard to hit in his prime, he could close the distance really quickly and avoid getting hit on the way on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                  What Tyson had that does not get brought up enough imo, is how fast his feet were. Mike Tsyon's footspeed is one of main reasons he was hard to hit in his prime, he could close the distance really quickly and avoid getting hit on the way on.
                  Most certainly.

Quick as his hands may have been for a heavyweight, I'm more impressed with the footspeed he displays at 7:13 than his handspeed.

A lot like Jack Dempsey except Dempsey was 190 pounds.

Tyson said Patterson was faster with his hands than he was but then again Patterson was hardly a heavyweight. Ali was the fastest 200+ lb man I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Tyson looked very fast because he was a thick dude moving like that, so it was almost an illusion. Usually thick strong peeps can't move like him.

I'd say prime Ali had slightly quicker hands, perhaps a prime Holmes and Patterson as well...but one thing Tyson had over them, was his incredibly quick head movement that he used to make his opponents miss to allow him to counter.

Comment

Working...
                    X