NSB Pick 'em 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
    Keep it BOLD bro!
    My bold days are done I am all out. I am trying to push the idea that multipliers should only be used on close fights. I am trying to get it made an actual rule of the game but it keeps falling on deaf ears.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      My bold days are done I am all out. I am trying to push the idea that multipliers should only be used on close fights. I am trying to get it made an actual rule of the game but it keeps falling on deaf ears.
      Man you know that almost everything falls on deaf ears, unless it fits THEIR AGENDA. Anyhow, this is the first year of Pick Em, it will continue to evolve.

Comment

I am trying to push the idea that multipliers should only be used on close fights.
        Whats the argument for that?

Whats the definition of a close fight? Certain odds range? Certain % of people picking here? Something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Whats the argument for that?

Whats the definition of a close fight? Certain odds range? Certain % of people picking here? Something else?
          60/40 and below when it comes to the odds but we boxing fans know what fights are close fights.

Comment

• Bob on strike or something?

Comment

60/40 and below when it comes to the odds but we boxing fans know what fights are close fights.
              I think its a debatable topic. You might think something is close that I don't or vice versa.

If its down to simple odds, a 60/40 would be like any fight with a -150ish favorite.

Whats the point in minimizing the ability to use your 2x & 3x multipliers doe? Thats the main thing I don't get. Seems like you make the game more interesting by giving free range to decide where different players use there points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I think its a debatable topic. You might think something is close that I don't or vice versa.

If its down to simple odds, a 60/40 would be like any fight with a -150ish favorite.

Whats the point in minimizing the ability to use your 2x & 3x multipliers doe? Thats the main thing I don't get. Seems like you make the game more interesting by giving free range to decide where different players use there points.
                That's just my wish but I see it won't be happening.

Comment

That's just my wish but I see it won't be happening.
                  Yea I'd vote against that rule if giving it a choice cuz I don't see the upside in minimizing the usage of your multiplier.

If anything I'd like to see odds weighed more heavily into the points given for a fight if anything. And I think the multipiers should keep working like they work.

For example I don't think the Stevenson vs Fonfara II fight should have had as many possible points rewarded for a Stevenson pick as other fights with more closer odds. I know BB gots a 3x the points thing with picking the dog in wider fights like that, but I don't believe that is worthwhile enough vs the true odds of the fight to pick the dog. More importantly I don't think that reduces the upside for picking a wide favorite. So if I'm picking a -200 favorite who wins & Adonis who wins as a -1000(?) favorite, or whatever his odds to win were, I'm getting the same potential points for both (considering how things work out with the type of outcome & all that too obviously).

It makes the game more complicated to setup I'm sure, but I'm no brogrammer at all so who f#cking knows, but that would more accurately represent how quality of a predictor you are cuz saying Adonis beats Fonfara or other wide fights ain't got sh^t on picking the winner for GGG vs Canelo or other closer fights.

And I think wrong picks should lose you points too so some cats in this game would even have negative points if they suck bad enough or take too many risks.

Comment

• whats going on here? no updates BrometheusBob.

Comment

• Alright for real this time I'm gonna go make breakfast and get to updating this leaderboard

Comment

Working...
                      X