No announcement yet.

Best Mouthguard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Mouthguard?

i've used a couple different double end mouthguards, a few just the top mouthguards and i'm wondering if their is a tried tested and true brand/type that consistantly works the best?

i always thought the 2 sided ones were best because it forces you to bite down and the air holes are in it as well but i always see the pro's wearing just the top. what do they use?

also, its noticable that im wearing my mouthguard and some pro's have mouthguards that you can hardly tell they even have in?...

i have 2 fights next month and i need a new mouthguard to train in until and through then.

thanx for the help guys.

Honestly, the boil and bite ones will never be perfect. If you want one of those, then just get a shock doctor. They are the best of their kind.

If you want THE best. Then you have to go to the dentist, pay 20 bucks for a mold of your teeth. Then mail that mold to a custom mouth guard manufacturer. That way you have a mouth guard made ONLY for your mouth. So it should fit like a glove, protect you like none other, and feel perfect.

http://www.fightdentist.com/
    http://www.mightymouthguards.com/index.php

Those are two custom guard makers. Mighty mouth guards have a different way of making guards, that in theory should technically be better than other guards. Check it out for yourself.

Comment

thank you SO much. i appreciate it.

Comment

http://www.customguards.com/product_ge.shtml

These are good and inexpensive. They make guards for Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

The Shock Doctor Power Double is the best one i have ever used. Diego Sanchez is wearing it as well. It's comfortable as hell to me, not sure what you're doing wrong. Maybe you just used some of the cheaper mouth guards out there. It's about 30 bucks i think. Don't waste your money on this custom **** from the dentist for 200+ bucks. Might as well go and get some Winning gloves with that kind of money. And don't forget those mouth guards don't last forever. Plus if they don't fit anymore because of whatever, you lose a tooth or whatever you will also have to get a new one as well. They aren't worth it unless you can afford them. If you got the dough go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
            http://www.customguards.com/product_ge.shtml

These are good and inexpensive. They make guards for Bernard Hopkins.
            he just left, literally a few hours ago, we are making him a new guard for his next fight against Roy Jones. we make him a new guard for every fight and have for the past 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
              The Shock Doctor Power Double is the best one i have ever used. Diego Sanchez is wearing it as well. It's comfortable as hell to me, not sure what you're doing wrong. Maybe you just used some of the cheaper mouth guards out there. It's about 30 bucks i think. Don't waste your money on this custom **** from the dentist for 200+ bucks. Might as well go and get some Winning gloves with that kind of money. And don't forget those mouth guards don't last forever. Plus if they don't fit anymore because of whatever, you lose a tooth or whatever you will also have to get a new one as well. They aren't worth it unless you can afford them. If you got the dough go for it.
              LOL. Preventing your teeth from getting blasted out of your face along with preventing a concussion is not a waste of money. You obviously don't box. Don't post **** you don't know about and give newcomers bad advice. Someone that doesn't know any better might take what you say serious and end up getting hurt.

Comment

damn, your ignorant ass is on a roll right now

you say that winning gear is comparable with 50 dollar gear AND that custom mouth guards are ****? what a fool

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                  damn, your ignorant ass is on a roll right now

you say that winning gear is comparable with 50 dollar gear AND that custom mouth guards are ****? what a fool
                  this coming from a person that cant read. go finish 2nd grade and then come back again

i can understand why you would be pissed if i told you that if you have a choice between a good head guard for 50-80 bucks it's a better choice for you instead of spending 200 on a winning head guard. you own everything winning has ever fabricated it seems. you probably feel like you just wasted a lot of money on your equipment and that sort of makes you feel like ****. i dont blame you. but hey as long as it helps with your confidence in the gym more power to you, im sure the guys must be really impressed and really look up to and respect you when they see some joe shmoe that hasnt achieved anything in boxing walk around with 10 mil worth of winning gear on like he just destroyed prime tyson, prime ali and prime marciano at the same time. you know what, you remind me of jamarcus russell actually. check out this video, maybe you see a little of yourself in it: http://www.break.com/usercontent/201...s-game-1712547

and number 2 i never said custom mouth guards are ****. i said don't waste 200+ bucks on this **** you get from the dentist that you will have to spend another 200 bucks on if you need a new one. there are custom mouth guards for around 50 bucks, no need to spend 4 or 5 times that amount on a different custom mouth guard unless you are one of the ******s that buys into everything these companies say in their ****ty ads, that unless you buy their mouth guard for 200 bucks you will lose all your teeth because all the other mouth guards are useless and dont offer any protection. if your name is rockefeller go stick with the mouthguards for 200 bucks from the dentist, nobody is saying they dont protect your teeth or they protect your teeth less than boil & bites do. they feel a lot more comfortable but as far as protection you dont have to worry losing your teeth if you get a decent boil & bite MG.

Comment

this coming from a person that cant read. go finish 2nd grade and then come back again

i can understand why you would be pissed if i told you that if you have a choice between a good head guard for 50-80 bucks it's a better choice for you instead of spending 200 on a winning head guard. you own everything winning has ever fabricated it seems. you probably feel like you just wasted a lot of money on your equipment and that sort of makes you feel like ****. i dont blame you. but hey as long as it helps with your confidence in the gym more power to you, im sure the guys must be really impressed and really look up to and respect you when they see some joe shmoe that hasnt achieved anything in boxing walk around with 10 mil worth of winning gear on like he just destroyed prime tyson, prime ali and prime marciano at the same time. you know what, you remind me of jamarcus russell actually. check out this video, maybe you see a little of yourself in it: http://www.break.com/usercontent/201...s-game-1712547

and number 2 i never said custom mouth guards are ****. i said don't waste 200+ bucks on this **** you get from the dentist that you will have to spend another 200 bucks on if you need a new one. there are custom mouth guards for around 50 bucks, no need to spend 4 or 5 times that amount on a different custom mouth guard unless you are one of the ******s that buys into everything these companies say in their ****ty ads, that unless you buy their mouth guard for 200 bucks you will lose all your teeth because all the other mouth guards are useless and dont offer any protection. if your name is rockefeller go stick with the mouthguards for 200 bucks from the dentist, nobody is saying they dont protect your teeth or they protect your teeth less than boil & bites do. they feel a lot more comfortable but as far as protection you dont have to worry losing your teeth if you get a decent boil & bite MG.
                    1 million? i haven't spent in boxing gear more than $1,500 in 5 years, and that's including both of my current sets of gear. i don't own winning for respect, nor do i work out and box for respect. i own winning for protection, and guess what, they're the best out there for protection. seems you're inclined to agree, since you got so flamed up in the other thread that you couldn't even reply to anyone after you were dumb enough to say that pro's don't go with winning

boil and bite are nowhere as effective as custom ones. the custom ones don't cost more than $200, so take that **** elsewhere. they start at around $40 and go up to $300, the average price being 80-100. and yes, they protect your teeth AND your brain better (seems you forgot that's even more important *******)

stop misinforming people in these forums or it'll get you banned. you've done that **** 2 times already

EDIT: you denied that you said that custom mouth guards are ****? then what is this?

Don't waste your money on this custom **** from the dentist for 200+ bucks
                    lets see you deny that again dumbass
                    Last edited by fdotorres; 03-03-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X