Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who the F is gonna pay for Boxing articles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
    Ahhhh funny... I used to be a “member” at Maxboxing for a few bucks a month. I think I did it for the videos, which weren’t as accessible as they are today, plus they gave you a nice T Shirt.
    Frickers never sent me my T-shirt. I really enjoyed their forums until Ernie ruined them.

Comment

Max Boxing charged my card like 4 times in 1 month, had to go to the bank to re-activate it. Also never got a stupid shirt.

Their forum was garbage, hair trigger bans for not following the doctrine.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        If the general public keeps saying yes to all the bullchit thrown at us , soon we’ll have to pay to take a chit in your own home
        Like you mentioned earlier on , before these sites wanted amateur writers or their scoops
        Now they reversed it on us
        I kid you not , we will pay for everything one way or another
        LMAO who's paying tho? I remember before I bought DAZN I would watch a handful of fights online someone always live streaming them.

I don't think id want to even know any boxing news that bad where I'd have to pay for it. Theres literally dozens of alternatives that are offering the same content for free.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
          I like Lance's writing, not sure I'd pay for it, but Boxingscene writers seem to write stories verbatim from YouTube videos, maybe they can write Ciffs Notes' on articls form AthleticBoxing too.

I guess they're going to have Podcasts too.
          I Like Lance a lot too he was always fair and balanced and not bought by Oscar or Bob.

I remember Canelo even banned him or just ignored him for a few fights because he was going after direct quotes from Canelo on the PED results. Where everyone else kissed Canelo's aZZ

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
            Frickers never sent me my T-shirt. I really enjoyed their forums until Ernie ruined them.
            What did Ernie do? LOL Is this the same Ernie who trolls everyone he doesn't get along with or some other Ernie?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
              Max Boxing charged my card like 4 times in 1 month, had to go to the bank to re-activate it. Also never got a stupid shirt.

Their forum was garbage, hair trigger bans for not following the doctrine.
              DAMN WTF they tried to quadruple charge you? that's damn near fraud on their part.

LOL bans for what dissing the writers or something?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                DAMN WTF they tried to quadruple charge you? that's damn near fraud on their part.

LOL bans for what dissing the writers or something?
                Yeah, **** was sketchy..I cancelled right after that.

I said a fighter was a bum, they got triggered. Also saying anything against Top Rank was insta-ban.

Comment

What did Ernie do? LOL Is this the same Ernie who trolls everyone he doesn't get along with or some other Ernie?
                  It's this fool here, screenshot below, Earnie Gabion, went be Eaner in Maxboxing.

He was made head moderator and would get into arguments with anyone he didn't like and banned people left and right.

He had a group of real life friends who he'd let talk smack to anyone they wanted but if someone went against them they'd all gang up on that person and eventually kick them out.

People that weren't banned started leaving on their own.

Comment

So now there's Athletic where you gotta pay a monthly subscription just to read their articles? WTF?

Who's gonna pay for that?

I remember back in the day some hard cored boxing heads would pay Maxboxing for some breaking news and exclusives but this was damn near 20 years ago when most of us didn't even know how to really fully use the internet even and there was no Google even or YouTube both which are obviously free.

I'm not hating just wondering if theres really a market for that?

At first I thought DAZN was a rip off but you run the numbers and we do get a shat ton of fights for just 99 right?

But who's paying to read boxing articles? Am I missing something here?
                    Care to enlighten me not see a link to understand what you talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                      Yeah, **** was sketchy..I cancelled right after that.

I said a fighter was a bum, they got triggered. Also saying anything against Top Rank was insta-ban.
                      Green Karma brother!

LMAO I would get so banned so quick there if I ever joined since I'm ANTI- TR to the fullest! Good thing I never even bothered to join then!

I dont know how any fans or writer can like TR? They treat everyone like a $2 crackwhoreee

It was clear as day how some writers were on TR's payroll because all they did was praise, glorify TR and their fighters and most of all Bob! You never saw anything negative about TR from certain people no matter how bad it got.

Comment

Working...
                      X