No announcement yet.

How you guys breath when throwing punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you guys breath when throwing punches

Me and a friend of mine where in a argument the order day he was telling me that everytime I trough a punch or a kick I should breath trough my Mouth....I told him that he would get tired quicker that way that he should breath trough his nose.

What you guys think let me know so I can prove him wrong.

i breath threw my mouth, thats what i have been taught you make like a huge breath and expell all your energy

Comment

ok, here's the thing. breathing through your mouth does what? opens your mouth and removes the protection provided by teeth being clinched together to brace the impact of a punch. In regards to boxing, you breath through your nose, and when punching, exhale through the mouth. Breathing through your mouth consistantly will land you a broken jaw

Comment

Originally posted by 6OVER6LORD6
        ok, here's the thing. breathing through your mouth does what? opens your mouth and removes the protection provided by teeth being clinched together to brace the impact of a punch. In regards to boxing, you breath through your nose, and when punching, exhale through the mouth. Breathing through your mouth consistantly will land you a broken jaw

i tend to open my mouth slightly cause i have really bad allergies and always have a stuffed nose

Comment

thats what i meant exhale, breathing means the same knd of

Comment

Originally posted by mystyal2k5
            i tend to open my mouth slightly cause i have really bad allergies and always have a stuffed nose

as do I, but I'm letting him know the correct form for breathing during training or fighting.

Comment

Yeah you dont want to leave your jaw open or else you're going to have it wired shut from a broken jaw.

Comment

Exhale when delivering or receiving a punch....

Comment

has the whole exhale when you punch thing got something to do with.. if u get countered you wont have n e wind to get knocked out of you? i think someone once told me something like that.

Comment

when i spar, i never open the mouth. not anytime.

i would say that you shouldn't focus too much on breathing out as well. it could leave you winded and tired quicker than you should be.

Comment

Working...
                    X