Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum says no to Bradley-Provodnikov rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum is 100% correct in keeping a rematch on the back burner! The fighters have a long career in front of them and in regards to the Russian Rocky theres more interest these days in punchers who "make the fight" then boxers who use to much movement and won't initiate a confrontation. The Mayweathers and Hopkins are going to be out fought and ought sourced (box office)!
    I don't see Juan or Manny with any other opponent then themselves. Their DONE and they need each other as good opponents. Rios will wreck either one of them. Alvarado may as well! Tim needs to be carefull about opponents the next time out he doesn't need a tuff 12 rounds back to back!
    He better not stay away for more than 7 months, he needs a good rest from a long camp and tuff fight but he can't go all the way back to square one.
    Ray.

Comment

These guys have a lot of possibilities, a lot of opponents, a lot of options.
      Eh, no they don't Bob. They've got the three other fighters you own and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Eh, no they don't Bob. They've got the three other fighters you own and that's it.
        That was hilarious saying they have all these options.

I like Radio Raheem, he's one of few guys who ask relevant questions instead of softball crap we usually get

Comment

He said no immediate rematch, not no rematch.

Which makes sense because there are bigger fights that can be made that will make Bradley more money. It's just a promoter rewarding his fighter with another opportunity at a big fight and a big payday.

Comment

This is one of those times that a rematch wouldn't live up to the expectations. Bradley foughtdumb, he chose to slug it out. No way he fights like that in a rematch.

Comment

I think most people could see that coming. The expected next step should be for JMM to fight Bradley which is what JMM seems to want, Arum wants, and Tim wants.

Pac will fight the winner of Rios-Alvarado as long as it's Rios, lol. If Rios loses, Arum will have him fight Provid instead of Pac. Alvarado will go on to fight the winner of Bradley-JMM.

Comment

well for me rios is a tune-up, dont get me wrong, he's good but he's made to be koed by pacquiao, of course anything can happen in boxing.

my prediction:
                bradley vs jmm, then the winner(bradley) will take on pacquiao, although jmm is coming off a lose, he still can get the rematch(V), then a retirement fight here in the Philippines.

Comment

I'm fine with no rematch, I'd be happy if they had one but it's not needed.

Bradley passed the test and onto bigger and better things for him now.

If Ruslan get's some good wins under his belt then a rematch could happen.

Comment

LOL the end of the interview is great, so if you DVR a fight that counts on the ratings? Never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      He said no immediate rematch, not no rematch.

Which makes sense because there are bigger fights that can be made that will make Bradley more money. It's just a promoter rewarding his fighter with another opportunity at a big fight and a big payday.
                      Yep. I kinda agree with what bob is doing. I personally think Rios-Alvarado winner with fight Bradley and loser fight Ruslan. Winner of that will fight the winner of Pac vs JMM 5!!

Imagine how much fun a Pac vs Rios fight would be. jesus it would be sick!

Comment

Working...
                      X