Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which great boxer lacks a legacy defining victory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donnie Nietes

Comment

Probably Delahoya he always beat top guys at their end of their career

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Fury doesn’t have a career defining win?

Let me guess though, AJ does and it’s Wlad?

Also, Tyson facing the lineal heavyweight champion and beating him in 2 minutes was a huge deal at the time.
        AJ doesn't have 1 either but he isn't a great boxer

Comment

Floyd mayweather. could have had it with pac in 2010...but it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
            Andrew Ward and Anthony Mundine.
            Ward beat Kovalev twice when he was the 175 boogeyman, that's not a legacy win?

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
              For me, Gennady Golovkin and Deontay Wilder are two of the biggest names today that lack a legacy defining victory
              Oscar De La Hoya to a certain extent, had some great wins against Whitaker, JCC, Vargas, Quartey. But he arguably lost all of his legacy defining fights; Trinidad, Mosley x2, Hopkins and Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
                Tyson
                Wilder
                Fury
                I somewhat agree with the first two, although Tyson’s win over Spinks was arguably a career defining win.

Do you seriously not consider Fury’s win over Klitschko a legacy defining fight?
                Fury was a 7/2 underdog facing a the 10 year undefeated lineal champion in his own backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  I’m not even a fan of Ward, but you can’t say that Kessler, Froch and Kovalev aren’t massive victories.
                  Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                  Ward beat Kovalev twice when he was the 175 boogeyman, that's not a legacy win?
                  As I have previously stated and will once again...everybody has an opinion. If you believe ward won the first fight great. If you believe he fairly won the second...great. I believe neither...therefore i dont consider them to be legacy defining.

Comment

Working...
                  X