Collapse
No announcement yet.

North vs South: John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell Official Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be close but think Mitchell will take this. Great match-up though.

Comment

Mitchell if his head is screwed on

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Mitchell likes a tear up tho, he'd get dragged into a FIGHT and thats anyones fight, i slightly lean towards John actually
        Yeah, if it gets into a tear up, id favour john to get the UD, but i think kev will be smart n use his good boxing skills, similar tactiocs to the prescott fight, box n move

Comment

Bum vs Bum

Whoever wins, we lose.

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
            Yeah, if it gets into a tear up, id favour john to get the UD, but i think kev will be smart n use his good boxing skills, similar tactiocs to the prescott fight, box n move
            He'd be smart to fight that fight plan but im not sure he can, emotions will be high and he will want to make a statement. Murray has a way off dragging u into a tough guy fight too and also Murray dosnt have the one punch KO power of Prescott, Kev knew he couldnt take risks there but might feel differently against John

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Anyone know the odds for this fight?
              Visited my local bookies and they were quoting Mitchell 11/8, Murray 4/7.

I'm fancying Mitchell, quality normally tells, there is that lingering question mark over this 14 month period.

Mitchell is 9/2 for KO/TKO/DQ and 10/3 for pts, Murray 11/8 and 9/4 for the same respective markets.

Comment

I think the Mitchell of 18 months ago would win this, but the defeat, the lay-off that has followed it and the different reports about why the fight was postponed make me think that it won't be his night.

Although I don't consider Murray elite, he seems to have that toughness and will to win that means you can't really take him lightly or show up at less than your best. It's hard to beat someone like Murray if your heart isn't in the sport, even if you are better skilled.

I'll take the Northerner via stoppage.

Comment

Got tickets to this one the other day, cant wait. Its a real 50/50 for me, but im going with Murray.

Comment

murray 4/7 odds on, mitchell 5/4

Comment

The Northerner is horrible above British title type level - little more than a sloppy punk is how he comes across, even against more standard EBU level comp.

If the Cannabis Kid is anywhere near his best, he should eat up two John McFlurry's on the same night.

Who knows where Mitchell is, though.

EDIT: Snap, Clegg.

Comment

Working...
                      X